May 9, 2014
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -
The John Purdue Club is responsible for paying the annual scholarship bill - consisting of tuition, fees, room and board, and books - for Purdue's 500-plus student-athletes. This year, it amounts to nearly $11 million.
We have decided to "rename" our annual John Purdue Club Day event to include "Scholarship" and to remain focused on our quest to ensure that our student-athletes receive a world-class education. Historically, we have charged a registration fee, but this year, we are asking you to make a gift instead to the scholarship fund. We are hoping you will register and make an additional contribution to the scholarship beyond your current membership donation.
Please join us Saturday, June 7.
Our Goal for the Day
$20,810 - The equivalent of one in-state scholarship
Help us pay our current scholarship bill of $10,777,400. We still owe over $5 million.
What's in it for you?
Earn additional John Purdue Club priority points
80 percent is tax deductible (unlike your past registration cost)
Know you played a role in our goal to develop champions/scholars/citizens
To be eligible to participate in John Purdue Club Scholarship Day, you and your guests must be John Purdue Club members. Your dependents are exempt, and we welcome them as a way of introducing them to the JPC.
Not a golfer? Enjoy these other activities:
* Purdue Athletics Hot Topics: Eat lunch, enjoy the program and stick around for some interesting Intercollegiate Athletics insider information and tours.
* Unique raffle prizes
* Meet and greet current Purdue coaches and current and former student-athletes.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Register by May 30 - Space for golf is limited
10 a.m. - Registration
11 a.m. - Lunch
Noon - Program
* Featured Lunch Speaker: Robbie Hummel
* Updates from Morgan Burke, Darrell Hazell, Matt Painter, Dave Shondell and Sharon Versyp
1:30 p.m. - Tee off / scramble format
2 p.m. - Purdue Athletics Hot Topics
* Current trends in Sports Medicine, Sports Performance and Nutrition
* Ross-Ade South End Zone Makeover: Why now?
* Dollars and Sense - Understanding the Purdue Athletics Financial Makeup
4 p.m. - Athletic Facilities Tour
Call the JPC at 800-213-2239
When registering, we will need the following information:
* Names of those attending and if they are participating in lunch, golf and/or hot topics
* Verbiage for hole sponsor sign if you are sponsoring a hole
* Your contribution to the John Purdue Club scholarship fund