Head coach Laura Glitz records 125th victory at Purdue helm
Boilermakers set to finish road schedule on high note in Illinois
Purdue uses three straight-set singles victories in win over DePaul
Winter ranking is the third under head coach Laura Glitz
Five Boilermakers register two wins in Sunday’s doubleheader
• 115-78 (.596) record in eight years at Purdue … averages 14 wins per season
• Four straight NCAA Championships appearances (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• 2012 Big Ten Tournament champion
• 2012 Wilson/ITA Ohio Valley Coach of the Year
• Five of her squads have been ranked for the entire season … at the conclusion of the 2015 season, has a streak of 92 consecutive poll appearances dating back to March 2, 2010 … obtained a program-high ranking of No. 14 in 2013
• Registered back-to-back 18-win seasons in 2012 and 2013, the most wins in a season in program history
• 4-2 upset of No. 11 Northwestern in 2012 Big Ten Tournament semifinals marks highest ranked opponent defeated in program history
• Registered highest ranked road victory in program history with 4-3 win at No. 19 No. 19 Notre Dame on Feb. 15 2013
• Guided the doubles team of Krisztina Kapitany and Mara Schmidt to a berth in the 2013 NCAA Championships … duo was just the fourth Purdue pair to qualify in program history and the first since 2000
• Four of her squads have been named ITA All-Academic Teams (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
GLITZ’S PLAYERS BY THE NUMBERS…
• 30 / Academic All-Big Ten selections
• 18 / ITA Scholar-Athletes
• 8 / Big Ten Athlete of the Week selections
• 6 / nationally ranked singles players
• 6 / nationally ranked doubles teams
• 6 / All-Big Ten selections
• 2 / Ohio Valley Region ITA Arthur Ashe Jr. Sportsmanship & Leadership Award winners
Laura Glitz enters her ninth year as the Purdue head women’s tennis coach. Since her hiring in July 2007, she has taken the Boilermakers to unprecedented success.
Glitz came to Purdue after a three-year run at Cornell, in which she led the Big Red to three straight winning seasons, amassing a 27-23 record. During her final season in Ithaca, New York, Glitz's team received a national ranking of No. 69 en route to a 10-6 record. Three of Glitz's student-athletes, Elizabeth Googe, Kasia Preneta and Nisha Suda, received postseason accolades from the Ivy League.
Prior to Cornell, Glitz was an assistant coach at Princeton for four seasons. She assisted Princeton coaching legend Louise Gengler, helping out with all aspects of the program, including customizing drills for team and individual workouts, recruiting student-athletes and organizing the team's training program. During her time with the Tigers, four singles players and one doubles team were named to the All-Ivy first team and the squad finished in the top half of the Ivy standings each year.
From 1994 to 2000, Glitz served as the tennis director at the Yorktowne (Pa.) Racquet and Fitness Club, where she worked with numerous college-bound student-athletes. During that time, she also coached national and sectional ranked juniors at the Central Pennsylvania Area Training Center.
Glitz competed on the WTA tour from 1990 to 1994 and achieved a top-250 ranking in singles and a top-90 ranking in doubles play. She has competed in all four grand slam events. A four-time winner of the USPTA/MSTA Outstanding Women's Open Player of the Year (1992, 1994, 1996, 2000), Glitz was ranked No. 1 nationally in the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) women's open singles in 1994.
Glitz earned All-America honors while playing at Arizona State. She served as team captain during her junior and senior seasons and played at both No. 1 singles and doubles for the Sun Devils. She earned her bachelor's degree in finance in 1990.
|GLITZ AT PURDUE|
|Season||Overall Record (Pct.)||Big Ten Record (Pct.)||Final ITA Ranking|
|2007-08||14-17 (.452)||2-8 (.200)||--|
|2008-09||9-13 (.409)||4-6 (.400)||--|
|2009-10||17-6 (.739)||5-5 (.500)||No. 49|
|2010-11||13-8 (.619)||7-3 (.700)||No. 65|
|2011-12||18-7 (.720)||6-5 (.545)||No. 26|
|2012-13||18-6 (.750)||8-3 (.727)||No. 27|
|2013-14||12-11 (.522)||7-4 (.636)||No. 43|
|2014-15||14-9 (.636)||6-5 (.545)||No. 43|
|Totals||115-78 (.596)||45-39 (.536)|