Kim Maher Era
Since head coach Kim Maher took over the Purdue program on July 14, 2005, the Boilermakers have emerged into the national spotlight.
The Boilermakers have posted a 186-150-3 record and have registered at least one win against each of its 10 conference foes. The team has extended its streak of non-losing seasons to 13. The Boilermakers have advanced to the postseason three of the last five years, including two NCAA Regional berths. Purdue has defeated eight ranked opponents, including three Top 10 teams, while garnering the first national ranking in program history during the 2009 season. Maher's charges have been honored with eight All-Mideast Region, 15 All-Big Ten, six Academic All-District and 38 Academic All-Big Ten accolades. A complete year by year break down of Maher's tenure with the Boilermakers follows.
Team/Individual Records Set/Tied in 2011
- Played four games against ranked opponents and faced off with seven teams that advanced to NCAA Regionals.
- Extended streak of non-losing (.500 or better) seasons to 13 with 30-18-2 mark.
- Finished fifth in the Big Ten, the program's second best placing, matching the 2007 and 2008 finishes.
- Andie Varsho named first team All-Mideast Region.
- Three players garnered All-Big Ten acclaim (Lindsey Rains - 1st team OF; Lauren Grant - 3rd team UT; Andie Varsho - 3rd team OF)
- Boilermaker players garnered eight Big Ten Player, Pitcher or Freshman of the Week honors.
- Six players garner Academic All-Big Ten honors. Shelby Krammer and Molly Garst named Academic All-District V.
- Tied Game Records for hits (18), doubles (7) and RBI (16).
- Tied game records for individual home runs, stolen bases and runs.
- Set Season Records for Team Batting Average (.313) and slugging percentage (.462); Wins - Suzie Rzegocki (26)
- Set Career Records for Stolen Bases - Molly Garst (102); Wins (86), Appearances (174), Starts (148), Complete Games (107), Shutouts (29), Innings Pitched (940.2) and Strikeouts (728) - Suzie Rzegocki.
- Led nation in stolen bases per game (2.67).
- Played 12 games against ranked opponents, beating No. 23 Louisiana-Lafayette
- Played 17 games against NCAA Tournament teams.
- Extended streak of non-losing (.500 or better) seasons to 12 with 27-27 mark.
- Finished sixth in the Big Ten matching 2009 finish.
- Molly Garst named first team All-Mideast Region.
- Two players garnered All-Big Ten acclaim (Molly Garst - 2nd team 3B; Liane Horiuchi - 3rd team SS)
- Six players garner Academic All-Big Ten honors. Horiuchi named Academic All-District V first team.
Team/Individual Records Set/Tied in 2010
- Set Game Record for Team Stolen Bases (12) vs. Michigan State, April 28; ranks ninth most in Division I history.
- Tied game records for individual home runs (2 twice), stolen bases (3 six times); runs (4 twice), walks (3 twice)
- Set Season Records for Team Stolen Bases (140); individual stolen Bases - Liane Horiuchi and Molly Garst(43); Strikeouts - Suzie Rzegocki (216)
- Tied season record for Team Triples (18)
- Set Career Records for Stolen Bases - Liane Horiuchi (85)
- Beat Five Top 25 ranked teams: #4 UCLA, #10 Northwestern, #14 Ohio State, #18 Texas A&M and #19 Louisville, the most for Purdue since 1997.
- Advanced to the NCAA Regional Championship game with two postseason wins, both program firsts.
- Knocked off #4 UCLA, marking Purdue's first win over a Top 6 opponent in program history, in 29 tries.
- Tallied 31-20 record, marking the program's 11th straight 30-win season.
- Posted a 12-8 conference record, the program's best since 1997.
- Garnered second consecutive NCAA Regionals berth.
- Head coach Kim Maher garners her 100th career victory against Pacific on Feb. 8. She wraps up the season at 129-105-1.
- Purdue posts the 500th win in program history against Valparaiso on April 16. After 16 seasons, the Boilermakers boast a 509-409-4 record.
- Beat #10 Northwestern to mark at least one victory over each Big Ten foe in Maher's tenure.
- Four players were named to All-Big Ten teams.
- Nine student-athletes earned Academic All-Big Ten honors, while two earned Academic All-District V accolades.
- Three players were named either Big Ten Pitcher or Player of the Week: Dana Alcocer, Suzie Rzegocki and Candace Curtis.
- Set new season record with 45 hit by pitch.
- Led Big Ten in stolen bases (100), hit by pitch (45), double plays (21) and sacrifice flies (13).
- Maher and her staff garnered NFCA Mideast Regional Coaching Staff of the Year accolades
- Purdue earns the first NCAA Regional berth and victory in program history, while posting a 35-23 mark, including a 9-9 effort in conference play, good for fifth place.
- Advanced to Big Ten Tournament for second straight year.
- Defeated Cal State Fullerton for the program's first NCAA Regional victory.
- Downed #7 Baylor during the regular season, tying the program's biggest win over a ranked foe in school history (also No. 7 Texas on 3/4/99) and giving the team its first win over a Top 10 foe since 1999.
- Three players were named to All-Big Ten teams, while four garnered TPS/Louisville Slugger All-Mideast Region honors.
- Seven student athletes earned Academic All-Big Ten honors.
- Two players garnered Big Ten Player of the Week honors: Katie Mitchell and Jenna Alexander.
- Dana Alcocer throws a no-hitter against UC Davis.
- Purdue sets team season record with 97 sacrifice bunts, a mark that also led the Big Ten.
- Purdue tallies 33-32-1 record, including a fifth-place league finish, its best since 2001.
- Advanced to Big Ten Tournament for first time since 2005 and garnered program's first ever postseason win with a 4-1 win over Iowa.
- Purdue sets six team season marks: doubles (73), home runs (44), runs (308), total bases (706), walks (189) and complete games (52).
- Purdue players snap 12 season marks and seven career marks.
- Two players earned first team All-Mideast Region honors, while three received All-Big Ten honors.
- Third baseman Ashley Hall received third team All-America honors from Easton.
- Two players garnered Big Ten Player or Pitcher of the Week honors: Brooke Baker and Ashley Hall.
- Four student-athletes earned Academic All-Big Ten honors, while Katie Mitchell earned first team Academic All-District V accolades.
- Ashley DiDomenico tosses a school-record 12 innings in a 7-6 win over Iowa State.
- Katie Mitchell becomes first player in Big Ten history to hit for the cycle, doing so against Florida International.
- The Boilermakers post a 30-30 record, including a 7-12 Big Ten mark, good for ninth place, falling just one win short of a Big Ten Tournament berth.
- Purdue tops No. 12 Michigan 5-4, marking the Boilermakers' first ever win over the Wolverines in Ann Arbor, first win over Michigan since 1997 and first victory over a Top 15 team since 2000.
- Purdue records its 400th victory on April 1 vs. Penn State.
- Three pitchers combine to throw a no-hitter against Ball State, the first trifecta no-hitter in Big Ten history and one of only a handful in the NCAA annals.
- Purdue players garner two Big Ten Player or Pitcher of the Week honors: Diana LaRiva and Tiffany Krcelich.
- Pitcher Brooke Baker sets career record for complete games, while Diana LaRiva wraps up career strikeouts mark with 620.
- Shortstop Tricia Lilley earns Academic All-America honors after garnering Academic All-District V first team accolades.
- Six student-athletes earn Academic All-Big Ten honors.