Live Results / Tournament Information
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue women’s golf team opens the 2017-18 season Monday at the Minnesota Invitational, hosted by the Golden Gophers at Prestwick Golf Club. The Boilermakers are the two-time defending champions at the event, taking the 2015 crown outright and tying Furman for the title in 2016.
The Golden Gophers host a 14-team field for the season opener, featuring three Big Ten squads and nine teams that played in NCAA Regionals in 2017. Headlining the group are a pair of teams ranked in the top-10 at the end of last season in Georgia and Southern California. The Trojans finished fifth in stroke play at the NCAA Championships last season and advanced to the semifinals of match play.
* - rankings are all final marks from the 2016-17 season
THE COURSE: Prestwick Golf Club
The Prestwick Golf Club will play host to the Minnesota Invitational for the first time, after playing the last three tournaments at the Minikahda Club. Rated as one of the top public courses in the Twin Cities, Prestwick is set to play at par 72, 6,248 yards for the event.
AT THIS EVENT
This is the Boilermakers’ fourth trip to the Minnesota Invitational in as many years, placing sixth in 2014, and winning the team title in each of the last two years. Linn Andersson paced the Boilermakers with a third-place finish in 2015, while Marta Martin led the charge in 2016, tying for third place. Last season marked the ninth time in school history that Purdue had won its season-opening tournament (1981, 1985, 1986, 1988, 2000, 2006, 2013, 2015, 2016).
|PLAYER||HOMETOWN||RDS.||AVG.||TOP 10||LOW 18||LOW 54|
|Mica Farah||Lima, Peru||22||76.2||0||70||219|
|Marta Martin||Madrid, Spain||96||75.4||4||69||216|
|Mela Putri||Bali, Indonesia||51||76.7||2||67||214|
|Cova SanJuan||Aviles, Spain||50||75.6||1||69||214|
|Inez Wanamarta||Surabaya, Indonesia||-||-||-||-||-|
• Purdue head coach Devon Brouse opens his 20th season at his alma mater, returning in 1998 and taking the Boilermakers to the postseason in 17 of the last 18 years
• Senior Marta Martin and sophomore Micaela Farah were all named to the Big Ten Conference Players to Watch list, published Aug. 30
• Martin’s third-place showing at the 2016 Minnesota Invitational tied her highest individual placing of the season and was her low mark for 54-holes on the year.
• Farah was the sixth freshman in program history to earn First Team All-Big Ten honors
• The Boilermakers placed three individuals in the top-10 of the Minnesota Invitational last season, marking the last time a Purdue lineup achieved the feat, and the first time doing so since 2013
• Purdue’s season-opening lineup is without a U.S. born player for the first time since 2010, as Putri and Wanamarta hail from Indonesia, Martin and SanJuan are from Spain and Farah is from Peru