News and notes on Purdue Athletics
Purdue has had a player on the all-conference teams in 20 straight years
The Boilermaker junior is the eighth individual champion in program history
The Boilermakers remain in contention heading into the final round
The Boilermakers posted their best round of the season Friday
Photos from the 2015 Big Ten Women's Golf Championships, played April 24-26 at The Fort Golf Course in Indianapolis.
2014-15 / SOPHOMORE
• Had a team-high 11 rounds under par
• Earned her first career tournament victory at the Dallas Athletic Club/SMU Invitational (4/10-11), shooting a one-under score of 215 and winning a playoff hole for the title
• Garnered Second Team All-Big Ten honors
• Tied for eighth at NCAA South Bend Regional, shooting two-over par, 218, including a second-round 69
• Named Academic All-Big Ten and WGCA All-American Scholar
• Played in 11 varsity events in her rookie campaign, turning in a team score in 14 of 27 rounds.
2013-14 / FRESHMAN
• Averaged 79.17 strokes per round
• Won the 2014 Women's Trans Amateur Championship at the Members Club at Woodcreek in Elgin, S.C., shooting a four-under, 284.
• Teamed with classmate Ashley Yarbrough to earn the Howell Team medalist honors at the 2014 Women's Trans Amateur Championship.
• Competed in the 2014 U.S. Women's Amateur Championship at Nassau Country Club in Glen Cove, N.Y., making the cut with a seven-over, 147.
• Played in the American Junior Golf Association from 2010-to-2013, earning a highest national ranking of 42nd in the Polo Junior Rankings.
HIGH SCHOOL / ALLEN D. NEASE
• Placed in a variety of AJGA and Junior PGA events, including winning the 2012 IMG Junior Championships, the 2012 AJGA EZGO Vaughn Taylor Championship and the 2010 Junior PGA Championship.
• Earned AJGA HP Scholastic All-American honors in 2013
• Qualified for the 2012 U.S. Women's Amateur
• Majoring in biochemistry
• Born July 30, 1995
• Daughter of Chris and Piljo Kim
• Has one sister, Auston
• Enjoys reading and listening to music