The recent Boilermaker graduate begins her professional career this weekend
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
The Boilermaker senior is the third first-team honoree in program history
The Boilermaker senior shot two-over par in her final round
The Boilermakers are tied for ninth in the team standings
Photos from the 2015 Big Ten Women's Golf Championships, played April 24-26 at The Fort Golf Course in Indianapolis.
2015-16 / JUNIOR
• Her final-round, five-under, 67 tied for the 12th lowest round in program history, and her 207 matched the second-best 54-hole score all-time at Purdue
• Sixth player in program history to win a conference crown, also earning First Team All-Big Ten and Big Ten All-Championships honors
• Tied for ninth at the NCAA Shoal Creek Regional with a score of nine-over, 225, to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA Championships
• Tied for 32nd at the NCAA Championships, finishing three-over, 291, including an opening-round 68, which is tied for the second-best round by a Boilermaker at the national tournament
• Her 72-hole mark of 291 is the seventh-best in program history at the NCAA Championships, and tied the No. 14 72-hole score all-time at Purdue
• Made her first career hole-in-one, sinking an ace at the WWGA Amateur National Championships
• Won the U.S. National Amateur Championship qualifier at Hawk Pointe Golf Club in Washington, New Jersey
• Earned medalist honors at the North & South Amateur Championship at Pinehurst Golf Country Club
• Posted the No. 10 single-season stroke average since 2002, turning in an average score of 73.20 over 12 events and 35 rounds on the year
• Finished 2-0-1 in stroke play, including a 5&4 win over Georgia's Isabella Skinner at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic
• Owned the team-low score in 16 rounds and four tournaments on the year
• Sank a team-best 89 birdies and 420 pars on the season
• Had the team's best average on par 4's (4.08) and par 5's (4.93)
• Shot a team-most 12 rounds of par or better, posting three top-10 finishes and seven top-20 showings on the year
• Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors • Named a WGCA All-American Scholar
• Appeared in all 12 varsity events, averaging a team-best 74.8 strokes over 34 rounds
2014-15 / SOPHOMORE
• Had a team-high 11 rounds under par
• Earned her first career tournament victory at the Dallas Athletic Club/SMU Invitational (4/10-11), shooting a one-under score of 215 and winning a playoff hole for the title
• Garnered Second Team All-Big Ten honors
• Tied for eighth at NCAA South Bend Regional, shooting two-over par, 218, including a second-round 69
• Named Academic All-Big Ten and WGCA All-American Scholar
• Played in 11 varsity events in her rookie campaign, turning in a team score in 14 of 27 rounds.
2013-14 / FRESHMAN
• Averaged 79.17 strokes per round
• Won the 2014 Women's Trans Amateur Championship at the Members Club at Woodcreek in Elgin, S.C., shooting a four-under, 284.
• Teamed with classmate Ashley Yarbrough to earn the Howell Team medalist honors at the 2014 Women's Trans Amateur Championship.
• Competed in the 2014 U.S. Women's Amateur Championship at Nassau Country Club in Glen Cove, N.Y., making the cut with a seven-over, 147.
• Played in the American Junior Golf Association from 2010-to-2013, earning a highest national ranking of 42nd in the Polo Junior Rankings.
HIGH SCHOOL / ALLEN D. NEASE
• Placed in a variety of AJGA and Junior PGA events, including winning the 2012 IMG Junior Championships, the 2012 AJGA EZGO Vaughn Taylor Championship and the 2010 Junior PGA Championship.
• Earned AJGA HP Scholastic All-American honors in 2013
• Qualified for the 2012 U.S. Women's Amateur
• Majoring in biochemistry
• Born July 30, 1995
• Daughter of Chris and Piljo Kim
• Has one sister, Auston
• Enjoys reading and listening to music