The Boilermakers open the fall season at the Minnesota Invitational
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
The Boilermakers return four of their five starters from last season
The Boilermaker senior will continue play Oct. 17-23
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
Photos from the 2015 Big Ten Women's Golf Championships, played April 24-26 at The Fort Golf Course in Indianapolis.
2015-16 / JUNIOR
• Her final-round, five-under, 67 tied for the 12th lowest round in program history, and her 207 matched the second-best 54-hole score all-time at Purdue
• Sixth player in program history to win a conference crown, also earning First Team All-Big Ten and Big Ten All-Championships honors
• Tied for ninth at the NCAA Shoal Creek Regional with a score of nine-over, 225, to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA Championships
• Tied for 32nd at the NCAA Championships, finishing three-over, 291, including an opening-round 68, which is tied for the second-best round by a Boilermaker at the national tournament
• Her 72-hole mark of 291 is the seventh-best in program history at the NCAA Championships, and tied the No. 14 72-hole score all-time at Purdue
• Made her first career hole-in-one, sinking an ace at the WWGA Amateur National Championships
• Won the U.S. National Amateur Championship qualifier at Hawk Pointe Golf Club in Washington, New Jersey
• Earned medalist honors at the North & South Amateur Championship at Pinehurst Golf Country Club
• Posted the No. 10 single-season stroke average since 2002, turning in an average score of 73.20 over 12 events and 35 rounds on the year
• Finished 2-0-1 in stroke play, including a 5&4 win over Georgia's Isabella Skinner at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic
• Owned the team-low score in 16 rounds and four tournaments on the year
• Sank a team-best 89 birdies and 420 pars on the season
• Had the team's best average on par 4's (4.08) and par 5's (4.93)
• Shot a team-most 12 rounds of par or better, posting three top-10 finishes and seven top-20 showings on the year
• Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors • Named a WGCA All-American Scholar
• Appeared in all 12 varsity events, averaging a team-best 74.8 strokes over 34 rounds
2014-15 / SOPHOMORE
• Had a team-high 11 rounds under par
• Earned her first career tournament victory at the Dallas Athletic Club/SMU Invitational (4/10-11), shooting a one-under score of 215 and winning a playoff hole for the title
• Garnered Second Team All-Big Ten honors
• Tied for eighth at NCAA South Bend Regional, shooting two-over par, 218, including a second-round 69
• Named Academic All-Big Ten and WGCA All-American Scholar
• Played in 11 varsity events in her rookie campaign, turning in a team score in 14 of 27 rounds.
2013-14 / FRESHMAN
• Averaged 79.17 strokes per round
• Won the 2014 Women's Trans Amateur Championship at the Members Club at Woodcreek in Elgin, S.C., shooting a four-under, 284.
• Teamed with classmate Ashley Yarbrough to earn the Howell Team medalist honors at the 2014 Women's Trans Amateur Championship.
• Competed in the 2014 U.S. Women's Amateur Championship at Nassau Country Club in Glen Cove, N.Y., making the cut with a seven-over, 147.
• Played in the American Junior Golf Association from 2010-to-2013, earning a highest national ranking of 42nd in the Polo Junior Rankings.
HIGH SCHOOL / ALLEN D. NEASE
• Placed in a variety of AJGA and Junior PGA events, including winning the 2012 IMG Junior Championships, the 2012 AJGA EZGO Vaughn Taylor Championship and the 2010 Junior PGA Championship.
• Earned AJGA HP Scholastic All-American honors in 2013
• Qualified for the 2012 U.S. Women's Amateur
• Majoring in biochemistry
• Born July 30, 1995
• Daughter of Chris and Piljo Kim
• Has one sister, Auston
• Enjoys reading and listening to music