News and notes on Purdue Athletics
Purdue placed three on the national list for the second straight year
Purdue finished with 212 all-academic picks in 2015-16
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
Seniors from soccer, wrestling represent Purdue for Big Ten honor
Photos from the 2015 Big Ten Women's Golf Championships, played April 24-26 at The Fort Golf Course in Indianapolis.
2015-16 / SENIOR
• Her 10 rounds of par or better on the season were second-best on the team
• Finished 2-0-1 in match play, including a clutch 4&3 win over Northwestern's Kacie Komoto at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic
• Tied for second on the team with eight team-low rounds, and tied for third leading the team in two tournaments
• Finished second on the team in birdies and pars, sinking 75 birdies and 342 pars on the year
• Had a team-best 3.13 average on par 3's, and second-best 4.98 on par 5's
• Posted four top-10 showings and five top-20 efforts on the season
• Shot two-under, 214, to place third at the Red Raider Invitational, leading the team to a second-place showing, including an opening-round 68
• Tied for ninth at the MountainView Collegiate, finishing one-over, 217
• Tied for 10th at both the Minnesota Invitational and the Landfall Tradition
• Shot even-par, 216, at the Big Ten Championships, tying for 17th place and earning Second Team All-Big Ten honors
• Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors
• Named a WGCA All-American Scholar
• Appeared in all 12 events on the season, averaging 75.4 strokes per round with seven rounds of par or better, three top-10 showings and four top-20 individual efforts
2014-15 / JUNIOR
• Posted a career weekend at the MountainView Collegiate (3/20-21), tying for second place, individually
• Carded a career-best mark of six-under, 66, in the second round at MountainView, tying the fourth-best individual round in school history
• Her 54-hole total of six-under, 210, at MountainView matched the seventh-best 54-hole score in Purdue history as well
• Tied for the Boilermakers' low-round score at Big Ten Championships, posting a second-round 69, en route to tying for 19th place at seven-over, 223
• Turned in the team's No. 2 score at the NCAA South Bend Regional, tying for 21st place at six-over, 222
• Competed at the NCAA Championships, posting a team score in one of the four rounds
• Earned Academic All-Big Ten and WGCA All-American Scholar honors
• Played in six varsity events after transferring to Purdue at the semester, including the Big Ten Championships.
2013-14 / SOPHOMORE
• Turned in the team's No. 2 score in four of her six events, including the Lady Puerto Rico Classic and the Big Ten Championships. Tied for the team's top score at the Dallas Athletic Club/SMU Invitational.
• Posted her top tournament finish at the 3M Lady Jaguar Intercollegiate, tying for 22nd with a round of 231.
• Carded season-low rounds of 74 at the 3M Lady Jaguar Intercollegiate and the Lady Buckeye Invitational.
• Averaged 76.94 strokes per round.
BEFORE PURDUE / MOREHEAD STATE• Played in five events in the fall of 2013, posting four top-five events, including a seven-under win at the Middle Tennessee Blue Raider Invitational.
• Averaged 72.9 strokes per round last fall, including seven rounds of par or better, and was named the Ohio Valley Conference Golfer of the Week three times.
• Played in 11 rounds in 2011-12, averaging 74.2 strokes per round.
• Notched four top-10 showings and a pair of top-five efforts, posting a low round of 70 at the Western Carolina Great Smokies Intercollegiate.
• Ranked No. 27 on the list of Swedish women amateurs and No. 68 in the Swedish Golf Federation ranking.
HIGH SCHOOL / CELSIUSSKOLAN
• Competed on the Skandia Tour at the highest level for juniors, in addition to the Telia Tour for professionals.
• Collected one win, three top-three finishes and four top-20 efforts in 2011.
• Finished second in the Skandia Tour Elite and eighth on the Telia Women's Professional Tour in 2012.
• Born Aug. 20, 1993
• Daughter of Kent Lund and Hillevi Appert
• Majoring in organizational leadership and supervision
• Enjoys listening to music and cooking