Purdue finished with 210 All-Academic picks in 2015-16
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
Seniors from soccer, wrestling represent Purdue for Big Ten honor
Dignitaries, key contributors take swings on renovated golf course
81 Boilermakers earn undergraduate degree
Photos from the 2015 Big Ten Women's Golf Championships, played April 24-26 at The Fort Golf Course in Indianapolis.
2015-16 / SENIOR
• Her 10 rounds of par or better on the season were second-best on the team
• Finished 2-0-1 in match play, including a clutch 4&3 win over Northwestern’s Kacie Komoto at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic
• Tied for second on the team with eight team-low rounds, and tied for third leading the team in two tournaments
• Finished second on the team in birdies and pars, sinking 75 birdies and 342 pars on the year
• Had a team-best 3.13 average on par 3’s, and second-best 4.98 on par 5’s
• Posted four top-10 showings and five top-20 efforts on the season
• Shot two-under, 214, to place third at the Red Raider Invitational, leading the team to a second-place showing, including an opening-round 68
• Tied for ninth at the MountainView Collegiate, finishing one-over, 217
• Tied for 10th at both the Minnesota Invitational and the Landfall Tradition
• Shot even-par, 216, at the Big Ten Championships, tying for 17th place and earning Second Team All-Big Ten honors
• Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors
• Appeared in all 12 events on the season, averaging 75.4 strokes per round with seven rounds of par or better, three top-10 showings and four top-20 individual efforts
2014-15 / JUNIOR
• Posted a career weekend at the MountainView Collegiate (3/20-21), tying for second place, individually
• Carded a career-best mark of six-under, 66, in the second round at MountainView, tying the fourth-best individual round in school history
• Her 54-hole total of six-under, 210, at MountainView matched the seventh-best 54-hole score in Purdue history as well
• Tied for the Boilermakers' low-round score at Big Ten Championships, posting a second-round 69, en route to tying for 19th place at seven-over, 223
• Turned in the team's No. 2 score at the NCAA South Bend Regional, tying for 21st place at six-over, 222
• Competed at the NCAA Championships, posting a team score in one of the four rounds
• Earned Academic All-Big Ten and WGCA All-American Scholar honors
• Played in six varsity events after transferring to Purdue at the semester, including the Big Ten Championships.
2013-14 / SOPHOMORE
• Turned in the team's No. 2 score in four of her six events, including the Lady Puerto Rico Classic and the Big Ten Championships. Tied for the team's top score at the Dallas Athletic Club/SMU Invitational.
• Posted her top tournament finish at the 3M Lady Jaguar Intercollegiate, tying for 22nd with a round of 231.
• Carded season-low rounds of 74 at the 3M Lady Jaguar Intercollegiate and the Lady Buckeye Invitational.
• Averaged 76.94 strokes per round.
BEFORE PURDUE / MOREHEAD STATE• Played in five events in the fall of 2013, posting four top-five events, including a seven-under win at the Middle Tennessee Blue Raider Invitational.
• Averaged 72.9 strokes per round last fall, including seven rounds of par or better, and was named the Ohio Valley Conference Golfer of the Week three times.
• Played in 11 rounds in 2011-12, averaging 74.2 strokes per round.
• Notched four top-10 showings and a pair of top-five efforts, posting a low round of 70 at the Western Carolina Great Smokies Intercollegiate.
• Ranked No. 27 on the list of Swedish women amateurs and No. 68 in the Swedish Golf Federation ranking.
HIGH SCHOOL / CELSIUSSKOLAN
• Competed on the Skandia Tour at the highest level for juniors, in addition to the Telia Tour for professionals.
• Collected one win, three top-three finishes and four top-20 efforts in 2011.
• Finished second in the Skandia Tour Elite and eighth on the Telia Women's Professional Tour in 2012.
• Born Aug. 20, 1993
• Daughter of Kent Lund and Hillevi Appert
• Majoring in organizational leadership and supervision
• Enjoys listening to music and cooking