Dec. 4, 2013
Purdue Game Notes
Tipoff: 6:30 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, Dec. 5
Location: Cameron Indoor Stadium - Durham, N.C.
Internet: Blue Devil Network
Radio: Live on WBPE (95.3 BOB-FM) and purduesports.com with Tim Newton providing play-by-play and analysis.
The Series: Purdue trails the all-time series with Duke, 3-5, including a 1-1 record in Durham.
The Last Meeting
December 1, 2011
No. 13 Purdue Drops to No. 7 Duke 64-53
Courtney Moses scored 17 points to lead Purdue, but No. 7 Duke beat No. 13 Purdue 64-53 on Thursday night. Brittany Rayburn added 16 points for the Boilermakers.
The Rankings: Purdue is ranked 16th by the Associated Press and 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Division I Coaches' Poll. Duke is ranked second by both the Associated Press and the ESPN/USA Today Division I Coaches' Poll.
Duke is a flawless 8-0 on the season, beating opponents by an average of 32.4 points per game on the year, with their closest game being a 78-61 game at Marquette. Head coach Joanne P. McCallie's squad is led by the senior trio of Chelsea Gray, Tricia Liston and Haley Peters, in addition to junior center Elizabeth Williams. Gray has the second-highest assist per game average in the nation, while Liston is among the national leaders in three-point field goals per game and three-point field goal percentage, and Williams has the eighth-highest blocks per game average. Peters has missed the last four games for the Blue Devils after injuring her knee against Vanderbilt, but has dressed the last few games.
Purdue's bench is averaging 31.3 points per game and outscoring opponents by 11.6 points per game (31.3 - 19.7).
KK Houser is averaging 13.47points per game this season, remaining eight points shy of 1,000 for her career. She has scored at least 20 points in three of six games this season.
Freshman Ashley Morrissette is off to a red-hot start to her collegiate career, averaging 5.6 points per game in just 7.2 minutes per game. She's shooting 64.7% from the field (11-17) and 60.0% from three (6-10).
Purdue is ranked for the 72nd time in their last 75 games, sitting 16th in the AP Poll and 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll.
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women's Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 752-399 all-time.
- Purdue is 166-80 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 283-145.
- The Boilermakers are 354-179 all-time against non-conference opponents and 19-18 against the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Purdue is 99-141 all-time against ranked opponents, 83-86 all-time when the Boilermakers are ranked as well and 46-115 when their opponent is ranked higher. Purdue is 0-7 all-time against the No. 2 team in the nation, last facing UConn on Nov. 12, 2012 (91-57).
- Purdue is ranked for the 72nd time in their last 75 games, sitting 16th in the AP Poll and tied for 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll.
- Purdue is 239-213 all-time on the road, including a 3-4 record in North Carolina.
- The Boilermakers are 175-78 all-time in the month of December, including a 56-44 mark on the road and a 3-6 mark on Dec. 5.
- Purdue is 1-5 all-time in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, earning its first victory last season over Georgia Tech.