Nov. 27, 2013
Purdue Game Notes
Tipoff: 6:30 p.m. (CT) on Thursday, Nov. 28
Location: Puerto Vallarta International Convention Center – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Internet: Live updates via @PurdueWBB Twitter page.
Radio: Live on WBPE (95.3 BOB-FM) and purduesports.com with Tyler Goldberg providing play-by-play and analysis.
The Series: Purdue leads the all-time series with TCU, winning the lone matchup in school history.
The Rankings: Purdue is ranked 16th by the Associated Press and 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Division I Coaches’ Poll. TCU is unranked.
Texas Christian University improved to 4-1 on Tuesday night with a 68-47 win over Florida Gulf Coast in both teams’ 2013 Hardwood Tournament of Hope opener at the Puerto Vallarta International Convention Center. The Horned Frogs are paced by sophomore guard Zahna Medley, who is averaging 17.8 points and five assists per game, but was held to just seven points Tuesday night. TCU received a ton of bench help last time out, getting 14 points from junior Natalie Ventress and 12 points from junior Chelsea Prince.
Purdue suffered its first loss of the season Tuesday, but the Boilermakers were 6-2 in 2012-13 in games following a loss.
Purdue’s bench is averaging 30.6 points per game and outscoring opponents by 12.2 points per game (30.6 - 18.4).
KK Houser is averaging 16.4 points per game this season, remaining eight points shy of 1,000 for her career. She has scored at least 20 points in three of five games this season and ranks eighth in the Big Ten in points per game on the year.
With three steals against Stanford on Tuesday, Houser became just the 12th player in school history to surpass 200 for her career.
Freshman Ashley Morrissette is off to a red-hot start to her collegiate career, averaging 5.6 points per game in just 7.2 minutes per game. She's shooting 64.7% from the field (11-17) and 60.0% from three (6-10).
Purdue is ranked for the 71st time in their last 74 games, sitting 16th in the AP Poll and 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches’ Poll.
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 751-399 all-time, including a mark of 119-65 on neutral courts.
- Purdue is 165-80 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 282-145.
- The Boilermakers are 353-179 all-time against non-conference opponents, including a 14-10 mark against Big 12 Conference.
- Purdue is 91-26 all-time in the month of November, including an 8-1 record on Nov. 28
- The Boilermakers are 4-1 all-time in Mexico.
- Purdue is 23-15 all-time in their sixth game of the season, including a 3-4 mark under Versyp.
The Boilermakers are playing outside the U.S. Borders for the third straight season, playing in the 2013 Hardwood Tournament of Hope in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Purdue played in Cancun, Mexico in 2011, and in the U.S. Virgin Islands in 2012.