Nov. 21, 2013
Tipoff: 5:30 p.m. (ET) on Friday, Nov. 22
Location: Mackey Arena - West Lafayette, Ind.
Internet: Boilermaker All-Access Webcast and live stats available via GameTracker at PurdueSports.com.
Radio: Live on WBPE (95.3 BOB-FM) and purduesports.com with Tim Newton providing play-by-play and Tyler Goldberg with analysis.
The Series: Purdue leads the all-time series with Belmont, 1-0.
The Rankings: Purdue is ranked 18th by the Associated Press and 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Division I Coaches' Poll. Belmont is not ranked.
Promotions: Youth Team Day - Children eighth-grade and younger, wearing their teams' jersey can get into the game for just $2 and are invited to a pre-game chalk talk with Coach Versyp at 4:30 p.m. in the West Club, a meet and greet with Purdue Pete at 4:45 immediately after and a game of knock-out on Keady Court at halftime of the game! Knock-out entries must check in at the Fan Services table near Section 18 with 7:00 left in the first half.
The Bruins come to West Lafayette at 2-3 on the season, led by first-year head coach Cameron Newbauer (IPFW, 2001), and junior guard Jordyn Luffman, who leads the team with 16.2 points per game. Purdue and Belmont already have a common foe this season in IUPUI, as the Boilermakers earned a 76-56 win in their first road game of the season, while the Bruins dropped their opener in Indianapolis, 80-58.
Back at the Beginning
Purdue and Belmont's last meeting was head coach Sharon Versyp's first on the Boilermaker sidelines and her first coaching victory with the Old Gold and Black.
Purdue's 81-79 victory at Toledo on Sunday was the 750th win in program history. The Boilermakers are one of just 37 programs nationwide to accomplish the feat and are the third team in the Big Ten to reach the milestone.
KK Houser is averaging 19.3 points per game this season, remaining 32 points shy of 1,000 for her career. Houser has scored in double figures in 14 straight games, matching the 20th-best streak in school history.
Passing the Teacher
With two steals at Toledo, Houser surpassed head coach Sharon Versyp for 12th in Purdue history with 196 career steals. She's now four shy of becoming the 12th Boilermaker to grab 200 career steals.
Purdue is ranked for the 69th time in their last 72 games, sitting 18th in the AP Poll and 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll.
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women's Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 750-398 all-time, including a mark of 392-121 at home.
- Purdue is 80-41 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 281-144.
- The Boilermakers are 352-178 all-time against non-conference opponents, including a 14-3 mark against the Ohio Valley Conference.
- Purdue is 90-25 all-time in the month of November, including a 4-3 record on Nov. 22.
- The Boilermakers are 10-12 all-time against teams from Tennessee.
- Purdue is 26-12 all-time in their fourth game of the season, including a 4-3 mark under Versyp.
Purdue's bench has outscored opponents, 71-47, over the first three games of the season, including 15.0 points per game from junior Whitney Bays.
Take It and Run
Purdue is averaging 21.3 points per game off of turnovers and 10.0 points per game on the fast break.