Nov. 15, 2013
The Last Meeting
November 15, 2010
West Lafayette, Ind.
Purdue Game Notes / Toledo Game Notes
Tipoff: 2 p.m. (ET) on Sunday, Nov. 17
Location: Savage Arena – Toledo, Ohio
Television: BTSN (Toledo) with Mason Lowry providing the play-by-play and Rhett Boyd serving as the color analyst.
Internet: Live stats available via utrockets.com.
Radio: Live on WBPE (95.3 BOB-FM) and purduesports.com with Tim Newton providing play-by-play and analysis.
The Series: Purdue leads the all-time series against Toledo, 6-0, including a 1-0 mark away from Mackey Arena. The Rockets are one of just five teams the Boilermakers are at least 5-0 against (Butler, Northern Illinois, Western Illinois, Western Michigan).
The Rankings: Purdue is ranked 18th by the Associated Press and 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Division I Coaches’ Poll. Toledo is not ranked.
Toledo enters the weekend at 1-1 after splitting a pair of contests at its season-opening Glass City Tournament. The Rockets are 74-11 (.871) on their homecourt under sixth-year head coach Tricia Cullop, including 37-8 (.822) against non-league opponents. Junior Inma Zanoguera averaged a team high in points (17.5 ppg) and rebounds (12.0 rpg) last weekend and was named the MAC West Division Player of the Week.
Another Familiar Face
Purdue faces its second straight alumnus as Toledo head coach Tricia Cullop played for the Boilermakers from 1990-93. She was a member of Purdue’s first Big Ten Championship team (1991), served as a team captain in 1993, earned three Academic All-Big Ten awards and won the Purdue Mortar Board Female Student Athlete of the Year honor in 1993.
KK Houser has scored at least 20 points in each of her two outings this season, remaining 49 points shy of 1,000 for her career. Houser has scored in double figures in 13 straight games, matching the 21st-best streak in school history.
Purdue is ranked for the 68th time in their last 71 games, sitting 18th in the AP Poll and tied for 22nd in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches’ Poll.
- This is the 38th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 749-398 all-time, including a mark of 238-213 on the road.
- Purdue is 79-41 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 280-144.
- The Boilermakers are 351-178 all-time against non-conference opponents, including a 54-17 record against the Mid-American Conference
- Purdue is 89-25 all-time in the month of November, including a 4-0 record on Nov. 17.
- The Boilermakers are 55-56 all-time against teams from Ohio, including a 20-31 mark in the Buckeye State.
- Purdue is 27-11 all-time in their third game of the season, including a 5-2 mark under Versyp.
The Boilermakers have held opponents scoreless for an average of 4:51 to start the second half in two games this season, including 6:19 at IUPUI on Wednesday, Nov. 13.
Purdue’s bench has outscored opponents, 54-27, over the first two games of the season, including 13.0 points per game from junior Whitney Bays.
Take It and Run
Purdue is averaging 23.0 points per game off of turnovers and 12.0 points per game on the fast break.
Freshman Ashley Morrissette is the lone Ohio native on the Purdue roster, hailing from Twinsburg, Ohio, which is approximately 131 miles from Toledo.