Aug. 15, 2014
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -
Boilermaker freshman Andreona Keys
hails from Atlanta, where she was Georgia's second leading scorer at Roswell High School. At 24.1 points per game, Keys can score both inside and out and has a great basketball IQ.
10 Questions with Keys
1. What are three words to describe your game?
2. What is your favorite thing about Purdue so far?
3. What have you been doing when you're not playing basketball, going to class or studying?
4. On a scale of 1-10, how hard have summer practices been? Why?
8. It's completely different from high school. Everything is faster, players are strong, intensity is greater.
5. What game are you most looking forward to on this season's schedule?
Maryland. They were in the Final Four last year, and that's where we want to be. That was another school I really looked at as well.
6. What upperclassmen has been the most influential for you so far?
Ashley Morrissette, Torri Thornton and Hayden Hamby
7. What has become your essential college item that you couldn't live without?
8. What is something about you that most people may not know?
I went to middle school with fellow freshman Bree Horrocks.
9. What is your proudest basketball memory?
Winning the regional tournament my freshman year of high school with my sister.
10. What is your biggest goal for your Boilermaker career?
Win a national championship
High School Highlights
Three-sport varsity letterwinner at Roswell High School, earning four in basketball and volleyball ... second-leading scorer in the state at AAAAAA, averaging 24.1 points per game as a senior and shooting 51.% from the field ... also averaged 7.4 rebounds and 2.7 steals per game in 2013-14 ... named the Region 5 AAAAAA Player of the Year ... earned Atlanta Journal-Constitution Player of the Year honors, in addition to North-Fulton First Team and All-Metro Atlanta Second Team honors ... played in just eight games as a junior, but had division's top scoring average in the state at 24.8 points per game and pulled down 8.9 rebound per game.
Born Dec. 22, 1995 ... full name is Andreona Lanay Keys ... daughter of La Shanda McGee and Andre Keys ... has one sister, Shanteona ... is undecided on her intended major ... high school coach is Lisa Kennedy.
All-Region honors as a junior ... 2012 all-state tournament honors ... Georgia 5A honorable mention all-state as a sophomore (Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Gwinnett Daily Post) ... 2011 Region AAAAAA Freshman of the Year.