Postgame Notes: Bowling Green at No. 18/21 Purdue
Dec. 22, 2013
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Bowling Green (9-2) at Purdue (9-2)
December 22, 2013 ● Mackey Arena ● Attendance: 7,794
Bowling Green Falcons 48, No. 18/21 Purdue Boilermakers 57
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women's Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 756-400 all-time.
- Purdue is 170-81 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 287-146.
- The Boilermakers are 358-179 all-time against non-conference opponents and 56-17 against the Mid-American Conference. The Falcons are Purdue's third MAC opponent of the season.
- Purdue is 395-121 all-time at home, including a 194-60 mark against non-conference opponents.
- The Boilermakers are 179-79 all-time in the month of December, including an 90-19 record at home and a flawless 7-0 mark on Dec. 22.
- Purdue is 22-17 all-time in its 11th game of the season.
- The Boilermakers held Bowling Green to just 26.2% (17-65) from the field, marking their second straight opponent under 30%, and third overall this season. Bowling Green averaged 44.4% entering the game.
- Purdue limited Bowling Green to just two-for-19 (10.5%) from behind the arc. In their last two games opponents are just five-for-38 from three (13.2%).
- The Boilermakers converted 16-of-18 free throws on the day, increasing their season percentage to an impressive 79.2%.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- April Wilson scored a career-high 18 points on five-for-nine shooting, including a perfect three-for-three from three.
- KK Houser finished with 13 points, a season-high nine rebounds and four assists, including nine points in the final six minutes.
- Liza Clemons had 10 points and seven rebounds to go with two assists and a pair of blocks.
- Courtney Moses scored 10 points and finished with five rebounds, three assists and no turnovers.