Postgame Notes: No. 18/23 Purdue at Kansas
Dec. 15, 2013
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Purdue (7-2) at Kansas (5-5)
December 15, 2013 ● Allen Fieldhouse ● Attendance: 1,495
No. 18/23 Purdue Boilermakers 71, Kansas 68
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women's Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 754-400 all-time.
- Purdue is 168-81 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 285-146.
- The Boilermakers are 356-179 all-time against non-conference opponents and 15-10 against the Big 12 Conference.
- Purdue is ranked for the 74th time in their last 77 games, sitting 18th in the AP Poll and tied for 23rd in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll.
- Purdue is 240-214 all-time on the road, including a 2-1 record in the state of Kansas.
- The Boilermakers are 177-79 all-time in the month of December, including a 57-45 record on the road and a 2-0 mark on Dec. 15.
- The Boilermakers are now 8-0 in their first game after finals under Versyp and 27-12 in their ninth game of the season in school history.
- After making just 1-of-4 from behind the arc in the first half, Purdue was 7-of-10 in the second.
- Purdue scored 45 second half points, making 43.8 percent from the field.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- After scoring just two in the first half, Courtney Moses finished with a game-high 21 points, including four threes.
- KK Houser finished with 14 points, eight assists and five rebounds, marking her second straight game with at least eight assists.
- Whitney Bays scored 12 points and grabbed a team-high seven rebounds.
- Four different Boilermakers had at least five rebounds: Bays seven, Houser, Liza Clemons, April Wilson with five each.