Nov. 10, 2013
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Purdue (1-0) vs. Ball State (0-1)
November 10, 2013 ● Keady Court at Mackey Arena ● Attendance: 8,091
No. 18/23 Purdue Boilermakers 63, Ball State Cardinals 57
- Purdue set a single-game school record by converting 17-of-17 at the free throw line, marking the first 100% free-throw shooting game in school history. The previous best was a 20-of-21 effort at Indiana on Jan. 9, 2011.
- The Boilermakers are now 748-398 all-time, including a 78-41 mark under eighth-year head coach Sharon Versyp.
- Purdue is 16-5 all-time against Ball State, winning 13 straight meetings dating to 1981.
- Purdue is 32-7 all-time in its first game of the season, winning 12 straight. It was the Boilermakers’ closest opener since a 65-62 win over Valparaiso on Nov. 12, 2007.
- The Boilermakers forced 28 turnovers, converting them to 27 points.
- After shooting just 22.2% in the first half, Purdue rebounded with a 43.3% shooting clip in the second half.
- The Purdue bench outscored the Ball State bench, 26-5.
- After not being tied at the half in a single game in 2012-13, the Boilermakers went to the locker room knotted at 26-26 on Sunday.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- KK Houser led all scorers with 21 points, matching her career high from Jan. 26, 2012 at Northwestern. She scored 15 of her points in consecutive fashion in a 19-0 Purdue run at the end of the first half and over the first two minutes of the second half.
- Houser extender her double-figure scoring streak to 12 straight games dating to last season’s Feb. 14 game at Wisconsin.
- Liza Clemons set or matched career-highs in every statistical category, finishing with 10 points, six rebounds, five assists, three blocks and a steal.
- April Wilson filled out the stat column with six points, six rebounds, five assists and four steals.
- Clemons and Wilson made their first career starts.
- Junior Whitney Bays and freshmen Bridget Perry and Ashley Morrissette played in their first game at Purdue.
- Bays finished with 13 points and six rebounds, including a game-sealing and-one play.