Purdue Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
Nov. 3, 2013
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Purdue (0-0) vs. Clarke (1-0) - Exhibition
November 3, 2013 ● Keady Court at Mackey Arena ● Attendance 7,670
Purdue Boilermakers 102, Clarke Crusaders 33
- The Boilermakers are now 40-3 all-time in exhibition play, including a 10-0 mark under head coach Sharon Versyp.
- The exhibition victory is the 35th in a row for the Old Gold and Black.
- Purdue's 102 points are its most in an exhibition contest under Versyp, and the Boilermakers' highest mark since 104 points against the Mexican National Team in 2000 (104-68).
- The 33 points scored by Clarke match the lowest total for an exhibition opponent in school history, equaling Lindsey wilson's from a season ago.
- The Boilermakers are surrendering just 46.7 points per game in 10 exhibition contests under Versyp.
- Six Boilermakers scored would-be career-high totals.
- Purdue forced 37 turnovers, acquiring steals on 29 of them.
- The Boilermakers piled up 14 blocks.
- Clarke University head coach Don Adams was an assistant under Versyp during her time as the head coach at Maine.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS
- Courtney Moses had 19 first-half points en route to a game-high 29 points (matches career high).
- Liza Clemons surpassed her career high of seven points just 12 minutes into the game, going on to score 11 points.
- Bridget Perry scored 18 points on 7-of-10 shooting in her Boilermaker debut.
- April Wilson and Ashley Morrissette had six steals apiece, while KK Houser had four and Courtney Moses had three.
- Whitney Bays had 10 points on 5-of-5 shooting, to go along with a game-high eight rebounds.
- Camille Redmon had nine points, seven rebounds and five blocks in just 14 minutes.