Postgame Notes: No. 23/NR Iowa vs. No. 17/16 Purdue
March 7, 2014
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Iowa (25-7) vs. Purdue (21-8)
March 7, 2014 ● Bankers Life Fieldhouse ● Attendance: 5,903
No. 23/NR Iowa Hawkeyes 87, No. 17/16 Purdue Boilermakers 80
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 768-406 all-time.
- Purdue is 182-87 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 299-152.
- The Boilermakers are 361-182 all-time against Big Ten Conference opponents.
- Purdue is 120-66 all-time on neutral floors.
- The Boilermakers are 120-60 all-time in the month of March, including a 65-27 record on neutral courts and a 7-3 mark on March 7.
- Purdue is 19-8 all-time in its 29th game of the season.
- The Boilermakers are 102-144 all-time against ranked opponents, 86-89, when both Purdue and its opponent are ranked.
- Purdue is 37-11 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, losing its tournament opener for just the fifth time in school history.
- The Boilermakers are 36-29 all-time against Iowa, including a 4-2 mark in the Big Ten Tournament and 4-2 record on neutral courts.
- Purdue committed 20 turnovers, matching its third-highest single-game mark of the season, which led to 32 Iowa points.
- The Boilermakers made 50.8 percent from the floor (30-59), including 42 points in the paint.
- Iowa was 22-of-24 from the free throw line, marking just the ninth time this season an opponent has shot more free throws than the Boilermakers. Purdue is 3-6 in those games.
- Purdue was outrebounded, 36-34, including 14 Iowa offensive rebounds. The Boilermakers are 5-7 when being outrebounded this year.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- Courtney Moses poured in a game-high 24 points, marking her 13th 20+ point game of the season and second in a row. She was seven-of-16 from the floor, including three three’s, and seven-of-seven from the free throw line.
- Whitney Bays recorded her sixth double-double of the season and sixth straight double-digit rebounding game, posting 14 points and 10 boards. Her six double-doubles match nine others for the No. 13 mark on the Purdue single-season record list and equal Jean Joppe and Katie Douglas for the 29th-most in school history.
- Liza Clemons was seven-of-nine from the floor on her way to 14 points and eight rebounds.
- April Wilson finished with 10 points, seven assists, five rebounds and three steals. Her 134 assists this season are six shy of a spot on the Purdue single-season record list and 18 short of the Purdue junior class record.
- Dee Dee Williams grabbed a career-high seven rebounds.