Jan. 30, 2014
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Penn State (16-4/7-1) at Purdue (15-6/5-4)
January 30, 2014 ● Mackey Arena ● Attendance: 7,785
No. 12/13 Penn State Lady Lions 75, No. 19/16 Purdue Boilermakers 72
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 762-404 all-time.
- Purdue is 176-85 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 293-150.
- The Boilermakers are 355-180 all-time against Big Ten Conference opponents.
- Purdue is 398-123 all-time at home, including a 203-63 mark against Big Ten opponents.
- The Boilermakers are 210-122 all-time in the month of January, including a 118-40 record at home and an 8-3 mark on Jan. 30.
- Purdue is 24-14 all-time in its 21st game of the season.
- The Boilermakers are 101-143 all-time against ranked opponents, 85-88, when both Purdue and its opponent are ranked and 48-117 versus higher-ranked teams. Purdue is 2-11 all-time against the No. 12 team in the country.
- Purdue matched the Big Ten’s leading rebounding team on the boards, grabbing 45 apiece, including 15 offensive rebounds. The Boilermakers had 12 second-chance points to Penn State’s six.
- Penn State outscored the Boilermakers in the paint, 44-22.
- The Boilermakers matched a season-best with 27 free throws, shooting 90 percent from the charity stripe on the night.
- Penn State had two players with at least 20 points, marking the first Boilermaker opponent to achieve the mark in conference play.
- Purdue shot just 31.7 percent from the field, including just 23.8 percent from three.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- Whitney Bays posted her second double-double of the season, scoring 12 points and grabbing a career-high 15 rebounds.
- KK Houser scored a career-high 27 points, hitting four threes and going nine-of-11 from the free throw line.
- April Wilson posted 13 points, six rebounds five assist and three steals. It is her 11th game of the season in double figures and her ninth game with at least five assists.
- Courtney Moses scored just seven points, but grabbed a season-high eight rebounds, including five on the offensive end.