Jan. 23, 2014
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Northwestern (12-7/2-4) at Purdue (14-5/4-3)
January 23, 2014 ● Mackey Arena ● Attendance: 7,455
Northwestern Wildcats 65, No. 22/20 Purdue Boilermakers 90
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 761-403 all-time.
- Purdue is 175-84 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 292-149.
- The Boilermakers are 354-179 all-time against Big Ten Conference opponents.
- Purdue is 398-122 all-time at home, including a 203-62 mark against Big Ten opponents.
- The Boilermakers are 209-121 all-time in the month of January, including a 118-39 record at home and a 9-5 mark on Jan. 23.
- Purdue is 25-14 all-time in its 19th game of the season.
- The win was Purdue’s third straight in Big Ten Conference play.
- The Boilermakers grabbed a season-high 53 rebounds, including 20 on the offensive end, while holding Northwestern to just 26 rebounds.
- Purdue scored at least 90 points for the third time this season, improving to 74-2 all-time when hitting the mark.
- The Boilermakers had just three players in double-figures, but seven with at least seven points on the night.
- Purdue assisted on 25 of 31 field goals.
- After going 13-of-24 from the free throw line in their loss at Northwestern on Jan. 9, the Boilermakers made 23-of-27 on Thursday.
- The Boilermakers outscored Northwestern in the paint, 42-28 and 22-9 on second-chance points.
- The Purdue bench outscored Northwestern’s 30-18.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- Liza Clemons posted her second career double-double, scoring a career-high 23 points on eight-of-12 shooting, while securing 10 rebounds. She was seven-of-nine from the free throw line.
- Whitney Bays finished with 14 points on seven-of-11 shooting, in addition to seven rebounds, three steals and two blocks.
- KK Houser was just short of a double-double with nine points and nine assists. She also had six rebounds and a pair of steals.
- April Wilson finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
- Camille Redmon was just short of her second double-double against the Wildcats this season, posting nine points and nine rebounds to go with a pair of blocks.
- Courtney Moses was limited to just five shots on the night, but scored eight points and hit a pair of threes, making both attempts from behind the arc to lift her season percentage to 47.7.
- Torrie Thornton came off the bench to post seven points, four rebounds and two blocks in just five minutes.