Postgame Notes: Indiana at No. 22/19 Purdue
Jan. 17, 2014
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Indiana (14-3/1-3) at Purdue (12-5/2-3)
January 17, 2014 ● Mackey Arena ● Attendance: 8,698
Indiana Hoosiers 53, No. 22/19 Purdue Boilermakers 86
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 759-403 all-time.
- Purdue is 173-84 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 290-149.
- The Boilermakers are 352-179 all-time against Big Ten Conference opponents.
- Purdue is 397-122 at home, including a 202-62 mark in conference play.
- The Boilermakers are 207-122 all-time in the month of January, including a 117-39 record in Mackey Arena and a 10-4 mark on Jan. 17.
- Purdue is 20-18 all-time in its 17th game of the season.
- The Boilermakers’ 51 wins against Indiana are the most against any opponent in school history. They regained possession of the Barn Burner rivalry trophy with the win.
- Purdue’s 33-point win is their largest of the season.
- Purdue outscored Indiana 30-16 in the paint, 19-5 off of turnovers and 20-12 on second-chance points.
- The Boilermakers posted a 50-12 run between the end of the first and beginning of the second half.
- Purdue surpassed 50 rebounds for the second time this season, matching a season-high with 52 boards, including 17 on the offensive end.
- The Boilermakers assisted on 22-of-32 field goals, while committing a season-low 12 turnovers.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- Courtney Moses finished 10-of-14 from the field, including three-of-six from three, to score a game-high 24 points. Moses passed Ukari Figgs for 14th on Purdue’s career scoring list with 1,457 points.
- KK Houser put up 22 points, eight assists, four rebounds and three steals. She surpassed Jennifer Jacoby for seventh all-time at Purdue with 429 career assists.
- Whitney Bays posted her first career double-double, finishing with 16 points and matching her career high with 14 rebounds. She also added three blocks and three steals, matching career-highs in both categories.
- Camille Redmon had nine rebounds and three blocks.