Postgame Notes: Michigan at No. 22/19 Purdue
Jan. 15, 2014
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Michigan (12-5/3-1) at Purdue (11-5/1-3)
January 15, 2014 ● Mackey Arena ● Attendance: 7,536
Michigan Wolverines 65, No. 22/19 Purdue Boilermakers 49
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 758-403 all-time.
- Purdue is 172-84 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 289-149.
- The Boilermakers are 351-179 all-time against Big Ten Conference opponents.
- Purdue is 396-122 at home, including a 201-62 mark in conference play.
- The Boilermakers are 206-122 all-time in the month of January, including a 116-39 record in Mackey Arena and an 8-5 mark on Jan. 15.
- Purdue is 26-13 all-time in its 16th game of the season.
- The Boilermakers’ second straight loss to Michigan marks the first time since 1998, and the first time the Wolverines have won two in a row in West Lafayette in series history.
- Purdue shot a season-low 30.6 percent from the field, and made a season-low three three-pointers and eight free throws.
- The Boilermakers just missed having 20 offensive rebounds in three straight games, grabbing 18, including 15 in the second half.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- Courtney Moses became the third player in Purdue history to hit 200 career threes on Wednesday, hitting two to tie Brittany Rayburn for second all-time. She finished with eight points.
- April Wilson led the Boilermakers in scoring for the second time this season, finishing with 12 points. She also added five rebounds, three assists and matched a season-high with four steals.
- Liza Clemons finished in double-figures with 10 points and chipped in six rebounds.
- Whitney Bays had a team-high seven rebounds to go with six points, three assists and three steals.