Jan. 9, 2014
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Purdue (10-4/0-2) at Northwestern (11-4/1-1)
January 9, 2014 ● Welsh-Ryan Arena ● Attendance: 491
No. 21/20 Purdue Boilermakers 68, Northwestern Wildcats 71
- This is the 39th season in Purdue Women’s Basketball history. The Boilermakers are 757-402 all-time.
- Purdue is 171-83 under head coach Sharon Versyp, who is in her eighth season with the Boilermakers. She has a career record of 288-148.
- The Boilermakers are 350-178 all-time against Big Ten Conference opponents.
- Purdue is 241-216 all-time on the road, including a 148-117 mark against Big Ten opponents.
- The Boilermakers are 205-121 all-time in the month of January, including an 86-79 record on the road and a 5-3 mark on Jan. 9.
- Purdue is 21-18 all-time in its 14th game of the season.
- The Boilermakers are now 44-20 all-time against Northwestern, including a 19-13 mark at Welsh-Ryan Arena.
- The Boilermakers shot their second-lowest free throw percentage of the season, making just 13-of-24 attempts (54.2%).
- Purdue had four players score in double figures, marking their first loss of the season when accomplishing the feat.
- The Boilermakers grabbed a season-high 52 rebounds, including 25 on the offensive glass, which matches the eighth-highest single-game output in school history. Purdue last posted 25 offensive rebounds against Nebraska on Feb. 2, 2012
- Purdue’s 74 field goal attempts matched a season-high, first posted against Central Michigan on Dec. 28.
GAME HIGHS AND LOWS/INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- Camille Redmon posted career-highs with 14 points and 11 rebounds, in addition to a pair of blocked shots in 22 minutes. It is the first time in her career she’s led the Boilermakers in scoring.
- Courtney Moses matched Redmon’s team high with 14 points on four-of-11 shooting, including a pair of threes.
- Liza Clemons had 11 points and nine rebounds, falling one board shy of her second double-double of the season.
- KK Houser had a solid all-around game, finishing with 12 points, six assist and five rebounds.
- Whitney Bays had eight points and seven rebounds off the bench.