Two-time NCAA qualifier Alex Griffin named Most Outstanding Wrestler
Purdue honored members of its basketball, swimming and diving and wrestling programs
Boilermakers take three bouts from No. 13 Minnesota
Jacob Morrissey locks down fifth straight victory
Boilermakers take eight weights, three with bonus points
Awards & Honors
• Academic All-Big Ten
• Competed at Eastern Michigan Open (11/5)
• Roadrunner Open runner-up (11/20)
• Competed at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (12/2)
• Competed at Big Ten Championships (3/4)
• Competed in freestyle at University Nationals at 65 kg (6/4)
• Purdue’s 149-pound starter in 13 of 16 duals.
• Had a season-best six-match winning streak from Nov. 18 to 20 ... that run included his 4-1 runner-up finish at the Roadrunner Open ... registered four decisions and two technical falls in those six matches and outscored his opponents 64-20.
• Missed time mid-season due to an injury at the Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational ... unable to compete in SIU Edwardsville dual and Midlands Championships.
• Returned to the lineup against Indiana on Jan. 13 for his first match since Dec. 2 when he took an injury default at the Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational.
• Posted first Big Ten dual victory with a 13-2 major decision against Maryland’s Adam Whitesell ... he scored a takedown in each period and earned a four-point nearfall early in the match.
• Won both matches of a double-dual weekend with Nebraska and Minnesota ... defeated Nebraska’s Collin Purinton 7-3 thanks to a first period takedown, a four-point nearfall in the second and added 1:30 of riding time ... followed with an 8-4 win over Carson Brolsma of Minnesota ... overcame a 4-2 first period deficit with takedowns in the second and third periods.
2015-16 / AS A FRESHMAN
• Took third at 138 pounds at Super 32 Challenge in 2014
• 2013 FloNationals 126-pound champion
• Won three Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 3 titles at three different weights (2013: 130; 2014: 135; 2015: 140) ... captured 2013 title with a 10-2 major decision and registered a 17-2 technical fall in 3:42 to claim 2014 championship
• Nine of his 12 career MHSAA tournament matches resulted in bonus points (5 TF, 4 MD) and outscored opponents 150-23
• Closed out high school career among the nation's top-10 ranked wrestlers at 138 ... No. 4 by Amateur Wrestling News, No. 5 by InterMat, No. 6 by WIN Magazine and No. 7 by Flowrestling
• High school record of 127-9
• Full Name: Nathan Paul Limmex
• Major: Chemical Engineering
• Birthday: March 29, 1996
• City Born: Grand Rapids, Michigan
• Parents: Terry and Sandy Limmex
• Notes: High school teammate of Devin Schroder