Purdue has won a freestyle national title at all three levels this summer
Shawn Streck places third, qualifies for World Team Trials
Seven grapplers set for UWW Junior Freestyle National Championships
Jacob Morrissey locks down fifth straight victory
Luke Welch, Dylan Lydy and Jacob Morrissey victorious
• Placed fifth at Eastern Michigan Open (11/5)
• Placed fourth at Roadrunner Open (11/20)
• Competed at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (12/2)
• Competed at Midlands Championships (12/29)
• Competed at Big Ten Championships (3/4)
• Competed at UWW Junior Men’s Freestyle Junior National Championships at 74 kg (5/28)
• Competed in freestyle at University Nationals at 80 kg (6/4)
• One of three Boilermakers to start all 16 duals, doing so at 165 pounds.
• Posted three-match winning streaks at three different points throughout the season.
• Was 10-4 in matches decided by three-or-fewer points.
• Won three straight Big Ten dual matches from Jan. 20-27 ... the streak started with a 3-2 decision of Josh Ugalde of Maryland for his first Big Ten dual win ... Lydy scored with a takedown in the first period and added an escape in the third ... both of Ugalde’s points came on escapes.
• Made it 2-for-2 on Purdue’s East Coast swing with a 6-4 outing against Rutgers’ Willie Scott ... scored takedowns in the first and second periods and added a reversal midway through the final period.
• Dustin Williams of Nebraska and Lydy were knotted at 1-1 at the end of regulation with both wrestlers scoring with an escape ... the winning takedown came with just seven seconds remaining in sudden victory to take the match 3-1.
• Went 4-2 at the Roadrunner Open with four decisions ... started season with 4-1 outing at Eastern Michigan Open, picking up first career major decision.
2015-16 / AS A FRESHMAN
• Placed eighth at UWW Junior National Freestyle National Championships at 74 kg (5/1)
• Competed at UWW Junior Men's Freestyle Junior World Team Trials at 74 kg (5/22)
• Competed in freestyle at University Nationals at 74 kg (6/4)
• 2015 ASICS/Vaughn Junior Freestyle All-American with fourth-place finish at 170 pounds
• Went 8-0 wrestling for Team Indiana at the 2015 Junior National Freestyle Duals (6 TF, 1 D, 1 FOR)
• Placed fourth at 2014 FILA Cadet Greco-Roman Nationals at 76 kg
• 2014 FloNationals All-American with fourth-place showing at 160 pounds
• 2013 ASICS/Vaughn Cadet Freestyle All-American with fourth-place finish at 170 pounds
• Capped off high school career by claiming 2015 Indiana High School Athletic Association 170-pound title and a 46-0 record
• 2014 IHSAA semi-state 170-pound qualifier
• High school record of 125-20
• Two-time Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association Academic All-State selection (2014, 2015)
• Full Name: Dylan A. Lydy
• Major: Kinesiology
• Birthday: August 7, 1997
• Parents: Daniel and Jami Lydy
• Siblings: Older brother, Jesse, younger brother, Chris