Nov. 24, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
Purdue vs. Indiana Game Notes
Purdue 56 - Indiana 35
· Purdue is now 72-37-6 all-time against Indiana, including a 28-13-2 mark in Ross-Ade Stadium.
· Head coach Danny Hope is now 57-49 in his coaching career, including a 22-27 mark at Purdue.
· Robert Marve's 348 yards passing were the most by a Boilermaker since Joey Elliot in 2009, 373 yards against Michigan State on Nov. 14.
· Purdue scored 42 second-half points, falling just shy of the school record 45 points scored against Ball State in 2004.
· Purdue threw five touchdown passes for the first time since Sept. 8, 2007 (Eastern Illinois).
· The 91 combined points marked the highest scoring game in series history, surpassing 87 combined points in 2004 (63-24).
· Marve's 348 passing yards are the third-most by a player in Old Oaken Bucket games, surpassing Indiana's Jay Rogers on the list (342 in 1997). Kyle Orton set the record with 522 yards in 2004.
· Purdue became bowl eligible for the second straight season, winning its sixth game of the year.
· Purdue amassed a season-high 373 yards passing en route to 558 total yards of offense.
· The Boilermaker defense forced four turnovers for the fourth time this season, converting all four into touchdowns and 28 total points.
· Purdue had 33:38 time of possession, their second most of the season.
· Robert Marve's second quarter interception was his first in 138 passing attempts. Marve finished with a career-high 348 yards on 20-of-29 passing. He also tossed a career-high four touchdowns.
· Rob Henry tossed his first touchdown pass of the year, connecting with Gary Bush for a 25-yard score.
· Akeem Shavers posted 225 yards of total offense (126 rushing, 99 receiving) and three touchdowns, including a 73-yard touchdown catch in the fourth quarter. He has the two longest receiving plays of the year for Purdue.
· Brandon Cottom scored his second rushing touchdown of the season, reaching paydirt from 14 yards in the first quarter. He finished with four carries for 38 yards.
· Antavian Edison scored his team-leading eighth touchdown of the year, hauling in an eight-yard pass from Marve. After seeing his 31-game reception streak end at Illinois last week, he responded with five catches for 50 yards.
· Crosby Wright's 58-yard reception in the third quarter was a career long, and set up the Boilermakers' fourth touchdown of the game. Wright finished with a career-high 81 yards on three receptions.
· Will Lucas tallied nine tackles, all solo stops, and a season-best 3.0 tackles for loss. He also had a forced fumble and fumble recovery.
· Frankie Williams grabbed his second interception of the season, followed by a 33-yard return. He totaled five solo tackles on the day.
· Max Charlot and Antoine Lewis added fourth-quarter interceptions, marking both players' second career interceptions. Both turnovers led to touchdowns for the Boilermakers.
· Raheem Mostert returned to the field for the first time since Oct. 13, turning in a season-long 59-yard kickoff return. He finished with 82 return yards.
· Cody Webster averaged 45.8 yards per punt, including a 64-yard punt.