Sept. 28, 2013
Purdue Press Box Notes - Sept. 28, 2013 - vs. Northern Illinois - Ross-Ade Stadium
- Saturday's attendance was 54,258. It is the first time since 2008 that the Boilermakers had a crowd of at least 50,000 for the first three home games.
- Purdue falls to 0-2 against Northern Illinois.
- Purdue went 1-3 in non-conference play for the first time since 2009.
- The Boilermakers are 273-158-16 all-time in non-conference games.
- The Boilermakers are 40-10-1 all-time against the Mid-American Conference.
- Purdue is 37-9-1 all-time at home against the MAC.
- Darrell Hazell is 0-3 all-time against NIU.
- The Boilermakers fall to 8-5 all-time in games played on Sept. 28.
- Purdue lost its second-straight Homecoming game.
- The Boilermakers dropped their third-straight Homecoming game to a non-conference opponent.
- Purdue is now 50-37-4 all-time in homecoming games.
- Purdue starts the season 1-4 for the first time since 2009.
- Purdue lost consecutive non-conference home games for the first time since 2009.
- True freshman Danny Etling came in at quarterback for Purdue, the first true freshman to take a snap since Sean Robinson in 2010.
- Purdue rushed for a season-high 153 yards on Saturday.
- The Boilermakers passed for 371 yards, a season high.
- Purdue had 524 total yards on Saturday, the most this season. It was also the first time the team had 300+ total yards this season.
- The Boilermakers gave up 55 points, the most this season.
- Purdue dropped all three games this season against teams that went to BCS bowls last season.
- Danny Etling completed 19 of 39 passes, both season highs by a Purdue quarterback this season.
- Purdue completed 24 of 55 passes, a season high in both categories.
- Purdue had five turnovers on Saturday and is now 0-4 this season when the Boilermakers do not win the turnover battle.
- The Boilermakers have a bye next Saturday.
- Raheem Mostert had his first carry of the season and first reception of his career.
- Ricardo Allen recorded a sack at the end of the first quarter. It was just the third sack give up by NIU this year.
- Brandon Cottom had his first carry of the season.
- B.J. Knauf had a 29-yard carry in the second quarter. It was a season long run for Purdue and career long carry by Knauf.
- Rob Henry connected on a 50-yard pass to DeAngelo Yancey, the longest pass of the season for Purdue, and of his career for Yancey.
- Etling made his Purdue debut and completed 19 of 39 passes for 241 yards and two touchdowns.
- Etling entered in the second quarter and completed his first two passes which set up a field goal.
- Justin Sinz had his first career carry on a fake punt in third quarter. He had a gain of nine yards for a first down.
- Cameron Posey hauled in his first career touchdown on a 16-yard pass in the corner of the end zone from Etling. It was both players' first touchdown.
- Yancey career highs in receptions and yards with seven for 117.
- Paul Griggs tied his career long with a 47-yard field goal near the end of the first half.
- Akeem Hunt had two catches for 67 yards, including a 44-yard touchdown reception. The 67 receiving yards are the second most in his career.
- Will Lucas had a season-high 10 total tackles, just one shy of his career high.
- Allen recovered an onside kick, Purdue's first recovery since 2011 in the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl when the Boilermakers recovered two against Western Michigan.
- Cody Webster punted four times for 172 yards, a 43.0 average. His career average is 43.1 yards.