Sept. 17, 2011
Purdue 59, Southeast Missouri 0
- Purdue is now 1-0 all-time against Southeast Missouri as Saturday's contest was the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
- Head Coach Danny Hope now owns a career record of 46-38, including a 11-16 mark at Purdue.
- Purdue is now 82-29-3 all-time when playing an opponent for the first time. Southeast Missouri is the 114th school to play the Boilermakers in program history.
- Purdue's 59-0 win is the largest margin of victory ever at Ross-Ade Stadium.
- The Boilermakers finished with 627 yards of total offense, its highest total under Hope and most since Nov. 20, 2004 against Indiana.
- The 393 yards rushing were Purdue's most since a 315-yard effort against Toledo on Sept. 5, 2009, and just shy of a 407-yard effort at Northwestern on Oct. 26, 2002.
- Purdue's defense limited the Redhawks to just 153 yards of total offense. It was the first time the Boilermakers held an opponent under 200 yards since Sept. 11, 2004 (vs. Ball State), and the first game under 100 yards passing since Oct. 10, 2009 (at Minnesota).
- The Boilermaker defense had 10 tackles for loss for 29 yards, including a pair of sacks.
- The Boilermakers topped the 50-point plateau for the first time since Sept. 5, 2009 (52-31 vs. Toledo).
- It was Purdue's first shutout since a 51-0 win vs. Syracuse on Sept. 5, 2004.
- Purdue improved to 8-1 under Hope when rushing for over 200 yards, including 2-0 this season.
- Purdue's 33 first downs were their most since Nov. 22, 2008 (35 vs. Indiana).
- Caleb TerBush completed 14-of-17 passes for 143 yards.
- Robert Marve made his first appearance of the season at quarterback. He completed 7-of-8 passes for 91 yards and a touchdown.
- Akeem Shavers led the Boilermakers with 70 yards rushing on 10 carries, scoring a pair of touchdowns.
- Ralph Bolden carried the ball 11 times for 57 yards and his first two touchdowns of the season. They were his 10th and 11th career rushing touchdowns and he now has 13 for his career.
- Antavian Edison had his first career rushing touchdown. He carried the ball three times for 32 yards and had one catch for 26 yards.
- Akeem Hunt saw his first career action at running back, rushing for 56 yards and two scores on six carries.
- Brandon Cottom also saw his first career carries in the backfield, rushing for 70 yards on seven attempts.
- Justin Siller and O.J. Ross paced the receiving core with five catches each. Siller had 61 yards and Ross had 46.
- Waynelle Gravesande smashed his career-highs with four receptions for 57 yards.
- Gary Bush scored his first touchdown of the season, his second-career scoring grab.
- Chris Carlino and Will Lucas led the Boilermaker defense with seven tackles apiece.
- Ricardo Allen grabbed his first interception of the season and fourth career pick.