Purdue vs. Eastern Michigan Game Notes
Sept. 15, 2012
- Purdue is now 2-0 all-time against Eastern Michigan.
- Head coach Danny Hope is now 53-44 in his career, including an 18-22 record at Purdue.
- Taylor Richards's blocked punt in the first quarter was the Boilermakers' first since playing Northern Colorado in 2008 (W 42-10). Purdue blocked two punts in that game, both by Frank Halliburton.
- Brandon Cottom's 87-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was the fourth-longest rush in school history. He is surpassed only by Mike Pruitt (94 yards vs. Iowa, 11/2/1974), Alex Yunevich (90 yards vs. Centenary, 11/7/1931) and Kory Sheets (88 yards vs. Minnesota, 9/24/2005).
- Purdue cracked the 200-yard rushing barrier for the 13th time under Danny Hope, improving to 12-1 when accomplishing the feat.
- Purdue is now 2-0 at Ross-Ade Stadium this season.
- The Boilermakers racked up 576 yards of total offense, including 392 on the ground. The Boilermakers averaged 7.9 yards per play and 9.3 yards per rush.
- The Purdue offense completed a 99-yard drive in the second quarter. The Boilermakers had three scoring drives of more than 90 yards (99, 98, 95).
- Purdue converted 10-of-15 on third down.
- The Boilermaker defense held the Eagles to 2-of-14 on third down and 0-for-1 on fourth down.
- Purdue added a pair of sacks to its season total and has nine on the year.
- The Boilermakers have blocked three kicks this season (1 PAT, 1 FG, 1 punt).
- Caleb TerBush accounted for three Purdue touchdowns, completing 16-of-24 passes for 158 yards and two touchdowns and rushing eight times for six yards and another score.
- Antavian Edison continued his receiving streak, hauling in a pass for the 24th consecutive game. He finished with five catches for 78 yards and a touchdown, his fourth of the season.
- Akeem Hunt was the first Boilermaker to crack 100-yards rushing in a game this season, carrying the ball four times for 106 yards, including a 56-yard scoring run.
- Hunt also scored the first receiving touchdown of his career, reaching the end zone on a 50-yard pass from TerBush in the second quarter.
- Brandon Cottom had two carries for 95 yards and a touchdown.
- Akeem Shavers had ten rushes for 56 yards and a score.
- Danny Anthrop scored his first career touchdown, converting a four-yard run in the fourth quarter. He finished with five carries for 47 yards.
- Will Lucas paced the defense with six tackles.
- Frankie Williams intercepted his first career pass. He added five tackles as well.
- Landon Feichter had his second interception of the season, while Josh Johnson grabbed his first.
- Ryan Russell and Eric Mebane accounted for the Boilermakers' two sacks, Mebane's was the first of his career.
- Taylor Richards blocked his first career kick, deflecting a punt out of bounds in the first quarter. He also had a pair of solo tackles and a pass break up.
- Cody Webster had five punts, averaging 47.6 yards per kick and pinning Eastern Michigan inside its own 20 four times. Three of his punts went for more than 50 yards.