May 23, 2013
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - With the Purdue men's basketball team set to take on a loaded field at the 2013 Old Spice Classic in Orlando, the John Purdue Club has designed a value-packed experience centered around the event for Boilermaker fans and their families.
The five-night experience at Disney World will give Purdue fans an opportunity to spend Thanksgiving break with the Boilermakers. After hosting Siena in a non-bracketed Old Spice Classic game on Nov. 24, the Boilers will play three games (Nov. 28, Nov. 29 and Dec. 1) at the ESPN World Wide of Sports Complex against a field that also includes Butler, Memphis, Oklahoma State, LSU, Saint Joseph's and Washington State.
The JPC Land Package includes five nights at Disney's Yacht Club Resort, a premium property evoking the timeless era of New England seaside hotels from the late 1800's. Anchored along the shores of the 25-acre Crescent Lake, the Yacht Club is within walking distance of Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Boardwalk Resort. It also boasts four swimming pools, including the iconic Stormalong Bay.
Other features of the Land Package include:
- Airport shuttle and luggage delivery to and from the airport
- A "Purdue" Thanksgiving Welcome Banquet in the elegant Asbury Hall, located adjacent to the Yacht Club
- A Purdue-Indiana football tailgate and watch party at the Epcot World Show Place
- Tournament tickets to Purdue game sessions (six games) and transportation to and from the arena
- John Purdue Club staff on site to ensure a smooth and exciting experience
In addition to the Land Package features, the John Purdue Club has arranged a number of optional activities for those on the tour, as well as any Boilermaker fan in the area (space limitations apply). Optional activities include:
- Two "Purdue Exclusive" Disney Character Breakfasts
- Special access to the popular Toy Story Mania ride
- A "Boiler-Mouser" golf tournament at Disney's picturesque Magnolia Golf Course
- Special savings on Disney tickets
Tour prices vary based on age and number of travelers. Those signing up for the Land Package will also have the opportunity to reserve their hotel rooms for extra nights at the JPC group rate.
The Old Spice Classic bracket and game times are expected to be announced in July.