Dec. 31, 2010
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Purdue (12-1, 2-0 Big Ten) vs. Northwestern (9-2, 0-1 Big Ten)
December 31, 2010 - Keady Court at Mackey Arena - Attendance: 13,789
Purdue Boilermakers 82, Northwestern Wildcats 69
- Going into today's game, Purdue is ranked 12th in the Associated Press poll and 11th in the ESPN/USA Today poll.
- The win improves head coach Matt Painter's career record to 150-62 and 125-57 at Purdue.
- The Boilermakers are now on an eight-game winning streak.
- Purdue has won 14-straight outings in December.
- Purdue is 78-12 at Mackey Arena under head coach Matt Painter.
- Purdue leads the all-time series against the Northwestern Wildcats, 120-43, and the Boilermakers have taken seven of the last nine meetings between the two teams.
- Senior E'Twaun Moore went five of nine in the first half from beyond the arc to lead the Boilermakers with 15 points heading into the second half. He finished connecting on seven of thirteen three-pointers with a total of 31 points.
- At the 12:27 minute mark Terone Johnson's basket was the first made basket by another Purdue player other than JaJuan Johnson and Moore.
- Seniors JaJuan Johnson and Moore combined for 28 of the 41 points scored by the Boilermakers in the first half.
- The Boilermakers went on a 12-2 run in the last 5:21 of the first half, extending their lead to 42-30.
- Northwestern's Luke Mirkovic was zero of two from the three-point line heading into today's game, and made his first two threes of the year against Purdue.
- The Boilermakers out rebounded the Wildcats 41 to 27.
- This is the first time in this decade that the Boilermakers have scored eighty points or more against a Big Ten Conference opponent while winning back to back.
- This is the second time in the past two years but only the second time in the last eight years that Purdue has capped a 2-0 start into the Big Ten Conference.
INDIVIDUAL SEASON AND CAREER HIGHS
- Moore had a season high of seven three-pointers. His previous record was five against Alabama (12/4/10).
- Moore also tied his career high in points at 31. The last time he did this was against Southern Illinois (11/26/10).
- Junior Ryne Smith tied his career high in assists at three. The last time he accomplished this was against Indiana State (12/18/10).
TEAM SEASON HIGHS AND LOWS
- Purdue has won 32-straight games when scoring 70 points or more under Coach Matt Painter.
- The team's strong offense is evident in their total of 231 assists on 352 field goals this season.
- JaJuan Johnson, Smith, and Moore were the only Boilermakers to score in double-figures in the game, lead by Moore with 31 points.
- JaJuan Johnson is ninth on Purdue's rebounding chart and ended today's game with a total of 675 rebounds.
- Moore has a total of 208 successful career three-pointers at Purdue.
- Moore headed into today's game against the Wildcats tied for eighth with Bruce Parkinson (1973-77) in steals, with a total of 146 career steals. He finished today's game with 148 career steals.
- Moore ranks seventh on Purdue's scoring chart and went into today's game with a total of 1,778 career points and finishing today's game with 1,809.