Post Game Notes - Saint Peter's
March 18, 2011
- Purdue (26-7), the No. 3 seed, advances to play the winner of the Georgetown/VCU contest. Purdue is 1-1 all-time against Georgetown and has never faced VCU.
- The Boilermakers, competing in their 25th NCAA Tournament overall and fifth straight, are 34-24 all-time in the tournament.
- Purdue is 3-0 in NCAA Tournament games played in Chicago.
- Purdue is 3-3 all-time as a No. 3 seed and 3-1 in games against No. 14 seeds.
- The Boilermakers are 24-16 under head coach Matt Painter on neutral courts, including a 3-2 mark this season.
- Purdue, one of six Division I programs to win at least 25 games in each of the last four seasons, outrebounded Saint Peter's 47-28. The Boilermakers are 17-1 this season when they outrebound their opponents.
- The Boilermakers are 1-0 against the Peacocks, and 4-0 all-time against MAAC teams.
- Purdue has won its first game in the NCAA Tournament in each of its last 13 appearances. The Boilermakers last loss in the first round came in 1993 (vs. Rhode Island).
- Purdue led at the half 33-17. The Boilermakers have never lost this season when holding a lead at halftime (24-0).
- Under Matt Painter, Purdue is 7-4 in NCAA Tournament games, including a mark of 5-0 in round of 64 games.
- JaJuan Johnson recorded a double-double with 16 points and 16 rebounds. He has reached the double digit plateau in scoring in 42-straight games.
- E'Twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson, one of the nation's highest scoring tandems (the two combine to average 38.7 points per game and account for over 50 percent of Purdue's season scoring average), totaled 35 points between the two. Moore tallied 19 points and Johnson added 16. The Boilermakers are 69-12 in Johnson and Moore's careers when both score in doubles figures.
SAINT PETER'S NOTES
- Saint Peter's ends its season with a 20-14 overall record.
- The Peacocks are now 0-3 all-time in NCAA Tournament following losses in 1995 (UMass) and 1991 (Texas).
- Saint Peter's totaled 10 steals in the game, tied for the fifth-highest number of the season.
- The Saint Peter's bench outscored Purdue 16-10.
- The Peacocks forced 16 Purdue turnovers and converted them into 16 points.
- In his final collegiate game, Jeron Belin led Saint Peter's with 12 points, the 28th double figure scoring game of his career.