Jan. 29, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Photo Gallery |
Photo Gallery |
Photo Gallery #2
- The win improves head coach Matt Painter's career record to 155-65 and 129-60 at Purdue.
- Painter improves to 58-36 in Big Ten conference games.
- Painter is now 7-4 all-time against Minnesota.
- This is the second meeting between the two teams this season. Purdue was defeated by Minnesota on January 13, 2011, 70-67, in Minneapolis.
- In the two games combined senior JaJuan Johnson had 53 points. Junior Lewis Jackson had a combined 28 points in the two games. Jackson averages 9.8 on the season.
- Johnson led the team in scoring with 24 points. This is the fifth time in his last 6 meetings against UM that he had led the team in scoring.
- The Golden Gophers did not attempt a three point shot in the first half.
- Early foul trouble limited starters Rodney Williams and Colton Iverson. The two had a combined seven minutes and four fouls. Williams would foul out to end his game.
- Also fouling out for the game was Trevor Mbakwe. He had 17 points and 12 rebounds for the game. His 13th double double this season.
- In the second half the Boilermakers shot 7-11 on three pointers after shooting just 25% in the first half.
INDIVIDUAL SEASON AND CAREER HIGHS
- Working his way back into the lineup, Sophomore Patrick Bade had 20 minutes. This is a season high for Bade, coming into the game his high was 16 vs. Alcorn State. The 20 minutes are also a career high; his previous high was 18 in a game against Tennessee last season.
- In the first half Johnson had 12 points and three rebounds. For the game Johnson had 24 points and seven rebounds.
- Jackson had three three pointers for the game. Coming into the game Jackson only had three three point makes on the season. The three makes are a career high. His previous high was two, coming in a game at Penn State his freshman season.
- Jackson had 13 points for the game. This is the sixth time he has scored in double figures this season. He also had five rebounds and five assists for the game.
- Junior Ryne Smith had 15 points for the game. He shot 3-7 from the field, all his shots were from three point range. This is the fourth time he has had more than 15 points this season. Smith shot 6 free throws for the game, making all of them. His career high for free throw makes is seven.
TEAM SEASON HIGHS AND LOWS
- Purdue had 14 offensive rebounds for the game. The season high is 18 offensive rebounds. The season high came twice this season, the last time coming against Austin Peay.
- For the game Purdue had 15 assists, with Jackson leading the way. Purdue averages 17 assists per game which is 14th best in the nation.
- With eight field goals for the game Johnson is now 10th on the all time field goals list. Johnson surpassed Glenn Robinson.
- Jackson's five assists moved him up to 25th place on the program's all time assist chart. Jackson moved ahead of current NBA player Brad Miller.