Jan. 17, 2012
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Purdue (14-5, 4-2) vs. Iowa (11-9, 3-4)
January 17, 2012 - Keady Court at Mackey Arena - Attendance: 14,134
Purdue Boilermakers 75, Iowa Hawkeyes 68
- With the win, Matt Painter is now 152-69 in his career at Purdue.
- The Boilermakers are 96-13 at Mackey Arena under the direction of Matt Painter.
- This is the fifth straight win against the Hawkeyes in Mackey Arena. It also captures Purdue's fourth regular-season sweep of Iowa in the last five seasons.
- Purdue is now 5-0 this season in games following a loss.
- Sandi Marcius made his first appearance since the Jan. 8 game at Minnesota and first significant appearance since the Dec. 17 Butler game.
- Purdue opened the second half with five straight points to tie Iowa at 36. Purdue took its first lead since the opening minutes of the first half at 16:10 in the second on a Robbie Hummel jumper.
- Purdue outscored Iowa 44-32 in the second half.
TEAM HIGHS AND LOWS
- Purdue had five players with double-digit points: Hummel with 17, Kelsey Barlow with 11, Lewis Jackson with 11, Ryne Smith with 11 and Terone Johnson with 10.
- Hummel's 17 points and 11 rebounds gave him his third double-double of the season. His previous two came in the road game at Iowa and at home against IPFW.
- Hummel moved up on Purdue's career rebounds list. He notched 11 in the game, putting his total at 730, placing him in the ninth spot.
- He now also owns ninth place by himself on the games started list, with 104 starts.
- Hummel recorded his 17th double-double of his career. He is now tied for 15th place on Purdue's career records chart.
- Smith broke his tie with Brian Cardinal for the 10th place on Purdue's three-point field goals records chart. Smith has 133 and is four shy of Willie Deane.