Jan. 9, 2011
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
PURDUE BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Purdue (15-1, 4-0 Big Ten) vs. Iowa (7-8, 0-3 Big Ten)
January 9, 2011
Keady Court at Mackey Arena
Purdue Boilermakers 75, Iowa Hawkeyes 52
- Going into today's game, Purdue is ranked 11th in the Associated Press poll and 10th in the ESPN/USA Today poll.
- The win improves head coach Matt Painter's career record to 151-62 and 126-57 at Purdue.
- The Boilermakers are now on a nine-game winning streak.
- The win over Iowa was a program-best eighth-straight.
- Purdue is now 4-0 in conference play and it is first time since the 1995-96 season.
- Purdue is 79-12 at Mackey Arena under head coach Matt Painter.
- Purdue leads the all-time series against the Iowa 83-70 and is on an eight game win streak over the Hawkeyes, a new program record. The Hawkeyes have not won in West Lafayette since Feb. 1, 2006.
- Matt Painter is 8-2 against Iowa.
- Today was E'Twaun Moore's 100th-consecutive start.
- Purdue went on an 11-0 run to start the game until the 14:37 mark, where Iowa forward Jarryd Cole made the first basket for the Hawkeyes.
- Purdue hit back to back 3-pointers (Lewis Jackson, Ryne Smith) at the 8:45 and 8:29 mark to put Purdue up 22-8.
- Ryne Smith continued his sharp 3-point shooting, going 6-of-9 from beyond the arc. In the past two games he has shot 11-of-14 from three-point range.
- Purdue led Iowa 34-20 at halftime. Ryne Smith led the Boilermakers in scoring with nine points.
- Smith finished the game as Purdue's top scorer with 18, all of his points coming from three-pointers.
INDIVIDUAL SEASON AND CAREER HIGHS
- Junior Ryne Smith tied his career high in blocked shots with one. The last time he accomplished this was against Tennessee (11/23/09).
- Smith made a career high six three-pointers. He also tied a career high seven three-point field goal attempts.
- Junior Lewis Jackson tied his season high 3-point field goal makes with one. His last one came against IPFW (12/21/10).
- Freshman Travis Carroll tied his season and career high blocked shots with one. He has done this three times, the last coming against IPFW (12/21/10).
- Carroll also tied his career high three offensive rebounds. The last time he did this was against Howard (11/14/10).
- Purdue had four players that scored in double-digits: Smith (18), Johnson (16), Moore (11) and Kelsey Barlow (11).
TEAM SEASON HIGHS AND LOWS
- Purdue has won 33-straight games when scoring 70 points or more under Coach Matt Painter.
- Purdue's 70 wins since the start of the 2008-09 season are the most in the Big Ten.
- Purdue tied a season-high nine blocked shots. The last time they did this was the first game of the season against Howard (11/14).
- Moore now holds the Purdue record in minutes played with 3,877. His 28 minutes today surpassed Troy Lewis (3,859).
- Moore has a total of 209 successful career three-pointers at Purdue. He needs three more to tie Chad Austin.
- JaJuan Johnson also moved up to the 21st spot on the minutes played chart with 3,192. He passed Brad Miller (3,178) with 30 minutes logged today.
- Moore and Johnson were named to the Wooden award Midseason top 30 list ... Purdue and Duke were the only schools in the nation with two players on the list.
- Moore broke his tie with Walter Jordan to own the sixth spot on the career scoring list.
- Moore moved up the 29th spot on Purdue's rebounding list. His 7 rebounds put him ahead of Tom Scheffler's 528. He needs one to tie Lamar Lundy for 28th.
- With his one steal, Moore broke his tie with Drake Morris on the career steals list. He now has 150 steals and owns the seventh spot. He needs seven to tie Everette Stephens for sixth.
- Moore's four assists in the game allowed him to pass Chris Kramer and Chad Austin to own the 11th spot on the list with 341.
- Johnson's 16 points put him in 17th spot on Purdue's career scoring list. He now has 1,531 and passed Russell Cross and Brad Miller.