The Boilermakers swept the Indiana Intercollegiates for the first time since 2001
The top Boilermakers make their season debut Friday
The Boilermakers had three all-regional performers Friday
The Boilermakers head to Madison to compete for NCAA bids
The youthful Boilermakers battled at the University of Minnesota
- Competed in three meets including the Big Ten Championships.
- Finished 66th at Big Tens with a 6k time of 21:43.5, her best at Purdue.
- Finished 25th in the open race at Pre-Nationals with a 6k time of 22:17.9.
- Took 28th at Notre Dame in her first race of the season with a 5k time of 18:39.3.
- Competed in the Indiana Intercollegiate three-mile open run finishing 15th with a time of 19.04.6.
High School: Four year letterwinner in track and field and three in cross country; also played volleyball as a freshman; all-sectional and all-regional in cross country for final three years; all-semi state in cross country as a junior and senior; helped team finish second in the state for cross country as a senior, the school's best finish; PR in the 5k was 18:32; selected to compete in the All-State Senior Race in Ohio for the top 10 seniors in Indiana; ran in 4x800m relay with now-Purdue teammate Cailey Daluga; won Christian Attitude in Competitive Sports Award as well as Allison Weirick Memorial Award; competed in high school with Cailey and Linsey Daluga, Taylor Jones, John Ribiero and Andrew Cartwright who are all currently on the Purdue team.
Personal: Grace Jean Lachmund was born March 24, 1995, to parents Tom Lachmund and Julia Farrell; undecided on her major, though plans to work with kids in the future; has a younger sister, Chloe; enjoys playing ultimate frisbee, making bracelets, hiking and reading.