The Boilermakers had three all-regional performers Friday
The Boilermakers head to Madison to compete for NCAA bids
The youthful Boilermakers battled at the University of Minnesota
The championship portion of the season begins Sunday for cross country
The Boilermakers will compete against several top-30 teams this weekend.
- Competed in three meets including the Big Ten Championships.
- Finished 66th at Big Tens with a 6k time of 21:43.5, her best at Purdue.
- Finished 25th in the open race at Pre-Nationals with a 6k time of 22:17.9.
- Took 28th at Notre Dame in her first race of the season with a 5k time of 18:39.3.
- Competed in the Indiana Intercollegiate three-mile open run finishing 15th with a time of 19.04.6.
High School: Four year letterwinner in track and field and three in cross country; also played volleyball as a freshman; all-sectional and all-regional in cross country for final three years; all-semi state in cross country as a junior and senior; helped team finish second in the state for cross country as a senior, the school's best finish; PR in the 5k was 18:32; selected to compete in the All-State Senior Race in Ohio for the top 10 seniors in Indiana; ran in 4x800m relay with now-Purdue teammate Cailey Daluga; won Christian Attitude in Competitive Sports Award as well as Allison Weirick Memorial Award; competed in high school with Cailey and Linsey Daluga, Taylor Jones, John Ribiero and Andrew Cartwright who are all currently on the Purdue team.
Personal: Grace Jean Lachmund was born March 24, 1995, to parents Tom Lachmund and Julia Farrell; undecided on her major, though plans to work with kids in the future; has a younger sister, Chloe; enjoys playing ultimate frisbee, making bracelets, hiking and reading.