Purdue will battle five teams at the Golden Eagle Invitational
Matthew McClintock and Hope Schmelzle lead Purdue into Friday's races
The Boilermakers begin their championships season Sunday
- Competed in five races, including Big Tens and Great Lakes Regionals.
- Was Purdue's sixth runner at the regional meet and finished 83rd with an 10k time of 32:42.7.
- Finished the 8k Big Ten race with a time of 24:45.4 to take 56th.
- Was runner-up in the open race at Notre Dame with a time of 24:59.0 in the 5-mile race.
- Finished seventh in the Coast-to-Coast Battle in Beantown with a 3.11-mile race time of 15:35.3.
- Took eight in the open race at Pre-Nationals with a time of 24:52..4 in the 8k.
- Transferred to Purdue from Grand Valley State in the fall.
- Ran in three races for the Boilermakers.
- Finished 17th at the Indiana Intercollegiates with an 8k time of 26:39.0.
- Took 23rd at the Belmont Opener with a 5k time of 15:48.5.
- Ran in the 5-mile race at Notre Dame and finished 25th with a time of 25:28.0.
High School: Four-year letterwinner in cross country and track; All-State in cross country junior year placing 21st in state; team state championship junior year; Junior Olympic National Champion Team in 2010; PR of 1:58 in the 800m, 4:17 in the 1600m, 9:20 in 3200m, and 15:34 in 5000m; 5th at Midwest Meet of Champions in 1600m.
Personal: Bryan Cole Hester born Sept. 11, 1994; Parents Mike Hester and Bonnie May; has one older brother, Alex, and one younger brother, Sam; enjoys rock climbing, all sports, long walks on the beach, and romantic comedies starring Tom Hanks; plans to study exercise physiology and management as a minor; would like to be a college professor and coach.