The Boilermakers wrapped up the regular season Friday.
The Boilermakers send 10 athletes to Illinois
The Boilermakers head to Madison to compete for NCAA bids
Purdue will battle five teams at the Golden Eagle Invitational
Matthew McClintock and Hope Schmelzle lead Purdue into Friday's races
- Competed in five races, including Big Tens and Great Lakes Regionals.
- Was Purdue's sixth runner at the regional meet and finished 83rd with an 10k time of 32:42.7.
- Finished the 8k Big Ten race with a time of 24:45.4 to take 56th.
- Was runner-up in the open race at Notre Dame with a time of 24:59.0 in the 5-mile race.
- Finished seventh in the Coast-to-Coast Battle in Beantown with a 3.11-mile race time of 15:35.3.
- Took eight in the open race at Pre-Nationals with a time of 24:52..4 in the 8k.
- Transferred to Purdue from Grand Valley State in the fall.
- Ran in three races for the Boilermakers.
- Finished 17th at the Indiana Intercollegiates with an 8k time of 26:39.0.
- Took 23rd at the Belmont Opener with a 5k time of 15:48.5.
- Ran in the 5-mile race at Notre Dame and finished 25th with a time of 25:28.0.
High School: Four-year letterwinner in cross country and track; All-State in cross country junior year placing 21st in state; team state championship junior year; Junior Olympic National Champion Team in 2010; PR of 1:58 in the 800m, 4:17 in the 1600m, 9:20 in 3200m, and 15:34 in 5000m; 5th at Midwest Meet of Champions in 1600m.
Personal: Bryan Cole Hester born Sept. 11, 1994; Parents Mike Hester and Bonnie May; has one older brother, Alex, and one younger brother, Sam; enjoys rock climbing, all sports, long walks on the beach, and romantic comedies starring Tom Hanks; plans to study exercise physiology and management as a minor; would like to be a college professor and coach.