News & Notes on Purdue Athletics
The women matched their total of honorees from last season
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
The season proved to be one of the most historic in program history
Jessica Harter became the first outdoor first team All-American in program history
- Second team All-American in the 4x100m relay and indoor long jump.
- Honorable Mention for All-America in the 100m dash.
- Big Ten champion in 4x100m relay as the anchor leg.
- Big Ten runner-up in the 100m dash and indoor long jump.
- Finished fourth at Big Tens in the 60m dash and outdoor long jump.
- Helped women's 4x100m relay team finish 11th in the country at NCAAs.
- Finished 16th at indoor NCAAs in the long jump.
- Won the long jump and 4x200m relay at the Drake Relays.
- Broke the school record in the 60m dash with a time of 7.32 seconds.
- Broke the school record in the 100m dash with a time of 11.35 seconds.
- Ran the anchor leg of the school record 4x100m relay with a time of 43.66 seconds.
- Had the second-best indoor long jump in program history with a leap of 6.41m/21-0.50.
- Had the second-best wind-legal outdoor long jump in program history with a mark of 6.44m/21-1.50.
- Ran the sixth-fastest indoor 200m dash in program history with a time of 24.37 seconds.
- Ran the eighth-fastest outdoor 200m dash in program history with a time of 24.02 seconds.
- Ranked ninth in the country in the indoor long jump for the season.
- Ranked 17th in the country in the outdoor long jump for the season.
- Ranked 18th in the country in the 60m dash for the season.
- Finished second in the 100m dash at the Texas Relays.
- Won every race and event she competed in at the indoor Meyo Invitational, with the top times in the 60m dash prelims, semis and finals, as well as a win in the long jump. Her 60m dash final time broke the school record, and moments later, she leapt the No. 2 long jump distance in program history.
- Won 16 total events for the year, including prelim races, finals race and long jump events.
- Named Big Ten Track Athlete of the Week after the indoor season opener in December.
2015 (Sophomore/Freshman): First Team All-American in the 4x100m relay after running the lead leg ... helped the 4x100m relay team finish sixth in the country with a time of 44.55 seconds ... won program's first Big Ten championship in the 4x100m relay with a time of 44.65 ... member of school-record 4x100m relay team, with Carmiesha Cox, Devynne Charlton and Brionna Thomas, with a time of 43.97 seconds at the NCAA East Preliminary Round ... also qualified for the NCAA East Prelims in the long jump where she finished 35th ... finished sixth at the Big Ten Championships in the long jump with a wind-aided mark of 6.10m (20-00.25) ... best official long jump mark was 6.06m (19-10.75) at the Florida Relays where she finished fourth ... finished ninth at the Big Ten Championships in the 100m dash with a time of 11.64 ... ran the school's second-fastest 100m dash time in history with a 11.54-seconds time at the Rankin/Poehlein Invite ... ran school's second-fastest 60m dash time with a 7.40-seconds time at the Meyo Invitational, where she was second in the prelims ... ran the sixth-fastest indoor 200m dash time at the Meyo Invite with a time of 24.51 seconds, where she took 13th ... indoor long jump PR of 6.04m (19-9.75) at the Notre Dame Invite ranks seventh in program history ... outdoor long jump PR of 6.06m (19-10.75) ranks eighth in program history ... finished ninth at the Big Ten Indoor Championships in the 60m dash.
2014 (Freshman): Competed in five indoor meets and two outdoor meets; three top-four finishes in the long jump; had a second-place in the long jump at the Mastodon Opener with a distance of 5.91m; finished third in the 60m at the Purdue/IU Duals, with a time of 7.76; PR in the long jump is recorded at 5.92m and 7.76 in the 60m.
|Lifetime||7.32 (2/6/16)||11.35 (4/23/16)||24.02 (3/18/16)||1:05.50 (3/15/14)||6.44m/21-01.50 (4/9/16)|
|Indoor||7.32 (2/6/16)||--||24.37 (12/11/15)||--||6.41m/21-00.50 (2/5/16)|
|Outdoor||--||11.35 (4/23/16)||24.02 (3/18/16)||1:05.50 (3/15/14)||6.44m/21-01.50 (4/9/16)|