- Competed in four indoor and three outdoor meets
- Had a 1,500m PR of 4:45.27 at the Rankin/Poehlein Invite where she finished third
- Had an indoor mile PR of 5:09.87 at the IU Relays, where she was 21st
- Had a fourth-place finish at the Fred Wilt Invite in the mile
- Competed in two indoor and one outdoor meet
- Was 10th in the mile at the Fred Wilt Invite with a season-best time of 5:13.78
- Finished 13th in the mile at the Gene Edmonds Invite
- Took 16th in the 1500m run at the Rankin/Poehlein Invite with a time of 4:46.23
2014 (FRESHMAN): Competed in one outdoor meet ... competed in the 800m at The Dave Rankin Invite placing 21st with a time of 2:28.15, which is a PR.
High School:Four year letterwinner in track and field and three year winner in cross country; earned a varsity letter in canoe paddling as a junior; also played JV soccer as a freshman; was named Most Inspirational JV Track and Field athlete as a freshman; was captain of the cross country and track and field teams as a senior; helped team win cross country league championships as a sophomore, junior and senior; cross country team won Hawaii State Championship during her sophomore and senior years; helped track team win the league all four years; team also won the state title all four years.
Personal:Sarah Mariko Tyler was born Nov. 3, 1994, to parents Thomas and Kathryn Tyler in Honolulu, Hawaii; has a younger sister, Laura; plans to major in neurobiology and physiology; comes from long line of Boilermakers including her father, aunt, uncle, two cousins, two great uncles nad her grandfather; enjoys symphony orchestra and reading in her free time.