The Boilermakers are set up for an exciting finish at the Big Ten Championships
The Boilermakers advanced to six Saturday finals
The team will be busy with three meets Friday
The Boilermakers had a strong opening day to the outdoor season
The Boilermakers will compete at Notre Dame for the second time this year
- Competed in five indoor and six outdoor meets
- Finished 19th at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships in the 5k with a time of 14:44.00
- Finished 29th at the Big Ten Indoor Championships in the 5k with a time of 15:03.82
- Had a 3k PR of 8:22.66 at the Power 5 Conference Clash where he finished eighth
- Finished runner-up in the 3k at the Purdue vs. Indiana Duals outdoors with a time of 14:33.06
- Had a 1,500m PR of 3:54.93 at the Battle on the Bayou, where he finished seventh
- Had a 5k PR of 14:28.77 at the Iowa State Classic indoors
- Finished fourth at the Fred Wilt Invitational in the mile run with a time of 4:17.58
- Placed sixth at the Gene Edmonds Cup in the 1 mile run with a time of 4:21.10
High School: State qualifier for three years; improved personal record from 16:33 to 16:09 sophomore to junior year; finished seventh at state in 3200m as a junior; senior year was 19th at state in 4x800 and 3200m; awarded Cross Country Newcomer of the Year as a freshman.
Personal: Parents of Purdue alumni Fred and Ruth Grider, Matt was born in Kokomo, Indiana; has one brother, Tom, and sister, Kim, who are Boilermakers as well; majoring in engineering; talents include juggling and riding a unicycle.