The Boilermakers are set up for an exciting finish at the Big Ten Championships
Benner and Broschard had top-10 marks in California
The distance crew is headed west, while the rest will compete in Louisville
The Boilermakers will compete at Notre Dame for the second time this year
Purdue finished with 212 all-academic picks in 2015-16
- Finished 12th at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships in the steeplechase with a time of 10:51.35
- Had a steeplechase PR of 10:37.83 at the Texas Relays, which earned her a third-place finish
- Finished 22nd at the Big Ten Indoor Championships in the 5k with a time of 17:52.35
- Was fifth at the Purdue vs. Indiana Dual in the 3k with a time of 9:55.53
- Was fifth at the outdoor Purdue vs. Indian Dual in the 1500m run with a time of 4:37.09
- Had a mile PR of 5:01.08 at the Conference Clash / Power 5 Invite, where she was 21st
2015 (Freshman): Competed in the mile and 3,000m run indoors and the 5,000m and 3,000m steeplechase outdoors ... finished fifth in the mile at the Fred Wilt Invitational with a personal best time of 5:05.70 ... ran a PR in the 3k with a time of 9:49.52 at the Big Ten Championships where she finished 16th ... outdoor season cut short by an injury after three meets ... was second-fastest steeplechaser on the team, with a best time of 10:44.24 at the Florida Relays where she took 15th ... best 5k time was 17:23.92 at the Shamrock Invite.
High School: Four-year letterwinner in cross country, swimming and track and field; held 200 medley state record in swimming two years in a row; had fastest time in Pennsylvania in the 2k Steeplechase; state finalist in 1600m all senior year; was district medalist for two years as a sophomore and junior; state qualifier in cross country and track as a junior; has a PR time of 11:04.74 in the 3200m; AAA Swimming State Champion in 2011, 2012 and 2014; was National Honors Society Vice President.
Personal: Gabi Broschard was born on July 10, 1996, to parents John and Jill Broschard; has one brother, Jordan who attends Purdue; enjoys playing the guitar, painting, and waterskiing; majoring in animal science with plans to become a mixed practice veterinarian.