Kim, Replogle receive Big Ten Medal of Honor
The team will honor 16 outgoing senior student-athletes
The Boilermakers added a total of seven program top 10 marks
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
Fifth-annual event set for April 24
- First team All-American in the 60m hurdles after finishing third at the national championships
- Big Ten champion in the 60m hurdles with a school record and SPIRE facility record time of 7.97 seconds
- Big Ten Track Athlete of the Championships for the indoor season after scoring a conference-high 23 points at the meet
- Big Ten runner-up in the 60m dash
- Finished fourth at Big Ten indoors in the 200m dash
- Along with her hurdles school record, also broke the 200m dash school record with a time of 23.64 seconds
- Ran the No. 2 60m dash time in program history, crossing the line in 7.33 seconds
- Named the Bahamas' Collegiate Female Track Athlete of the Year, Collegiate Female Athlete of the Year and Collegiate Athlete of the Year by the Bahamas Association of Athletic Associations
- Had the No. 1 60m hurdles time in the country entering the NCAA Championships
- Her 23 points at Big Tens helped the women's team to a runner-up finish, the program's best since 2001
- Her six points at the NCAA Indoor Championships gave the women's team a 33rd-place finish
- Won the Purdue Athletic Department's Golden Pete award for the Women's Performance of the Year, Single Event for her efforts at the Big Ten Indoor Championships
- Redshirted the outdoor season after sustaining an injury at the end of the indoor season. Will have one season of indoor and two seasons of outdoor eligibility remaining
- Qualified for the Rio Olympics in the 100m hurdles, but could not compete due to injury
2015 (Sophomore): Earned two First Team All-America honors at the NCAA Outdoor Championships and a Second Team All-America honor indoors ... ran the third leg of the women's 4x100m relay team that finished sixth at the NCAA Championships ... finished seventh at the NCAA Championships in the 100m hurdles with a time of 13.00 seconds, which broke the school and Bahamian national record ... time also qualifies for the Olympic 'A' standard for the 2016 Olympics ... won program's first ever Big Ten championship in the 100m dash with a school-record time of 11.37 seconds ... ran third leg of school's first ever 4x100m relay Big Ten champion team, which ran a time of 44.65 seconds ... finished 10th at Big Ten Outdoor Championships in the 200m dash with a time of 23.76 seconds, which ranks fifth in program history ... finished runner-up at Big Ten Indoor Championships in the 60m dash and 60m hurdles with times of 7.38 seconds and 8.18 seconds, respectively ... 60m dash time broke the school record ... broke the school record in the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.17 seconds at the Meyo Invitational where she finished third ... finished 12th in the country in the 60m hurdles at the NCAA Championships with a time of 8.24 seconds ... First Team All-Big Ten outdoors and Second Team All-Big Ten indoors ... finished seventh at Big Ten indoors in the 200m dash with a time of 24.47 seconds ... ran the second-fastest indoor 200m dash time of 23.82 seconds in the prelims at the Big Ten Championships ... named Purdue Department of Intercollegiate Athletics' Female Athlete of the Year ... scored 18 points at the Big Ten Indoor Championships to help women finish third, the program's best since 2003 ... member of school record shuttle hurdle relay team which ran 54.65 seconds at the Drake Relays to finish second ... member of school record 4x100m relay team which ran 43.97 seconds at the NCAA East Prelims ... finished second at the Big Ten Outdoor championships in the 100m hurdles with a time of 13.06 seconds ... ran a wind-aided 12.87 seconds time in the NCAA Championships semifinals to make the finals.
2014 (Freshman): Ran the third-fastest 60m dash time in program history with a best of 7.52 seconds at the Big Ten Championships where she took eighth ... set the school record in the indoor 200m dash with a time of 24.45 seconds at the Alex Wilson Invite where she finished second ... ran a best 60m hurdles time of 8.35 seconds, the third-best in program history, to finish second at the Alex Wilson Invite ... finished fifth at the Big Ten Championships in the 60m hurdles ... part of winning shuttle hurdle relay team at the Drake Relays with a time of 54.85 seconds ... helped women's team finish third at Big Ten Outdoor Championships, after running a leg of the sixth-place 4x100m relay team, which ran 45.96 seconds time ... 100m hurdles time of 13.86 seconds qualified for NCAA East Prelims, though she did not compete.
High School: Took bronze in the 4x100m relay in the Carifta Games freshman year; took silver in the 4x100m relay in the Jr. CAC; took gold in the 100m and silver in the 4x100m relay in the Carifta Games sophomore year; World Youth semi-finalist sophomore year; Jr. Pan-Am participant sophomore year taking gold in the 4x100m relay; won gold in the 4x100m relay in the Carifta Games junior year; took silver in the 4x100m relay, bronze in the 100m and bronze in the 100m hurdles in the Jr. CAC junior year; PR for her junior year for the 100m hurdles came in the Jr. CAC with a time of 13.77 seconds; competed in worlds junior year; won gold in the 100m with a PR of 11.60 seconds, gold in the 4x100m relay and bronze in the 100m at the Carifta games senior year; part of team at St. Augustine's College that was National High School Champions; BAISS Champions; All-Bahamian Scholar Award winner from 2011 to 2013; national team member since 2010 for World Jr., World Youth, Jr. PanAm, Jr. CAC and CARIFTA Games Bahamas.
Personal: Devynne Ashtyn Charlton was born on Nov. 26, 1995, in Nassau, Bahamas; her parents are David and Laura Charlton; studying biological sciences with a goal of marine biology; father, David, participated in track and field at Howard University; has two sisters, Lauren and Anthaya; sister, Lauren, attends Michigan State University; enjoys scuba diving, listening to music, watching movies and spending time with friends and family.