Purdue looks to build on last season's historical success
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
News and notes on Purdue Athletics
The season proved to be one of the most historic in program history
Jessica Harter became the first outdoor first team All-American in program history
- Competed in the Olympics for the Bahamas in the 4x400-meter relay
- Helped the Bahamian women finish 11th in the world, after running the fastest leg of the Bahamas relay, an official leg of 50.91 seconds, the second fastest in the heat
- Her Olympic 4x400m relay leg helped the team break the Bahamas national record by more than two seconds with a time of 3:26.36
- Finished third at the NCAC U23 Championships in the 100m dash with a time of 11.76
- Second team All-American in the outdoor 4x400m relay, helping the team run a time of 3:32.80 to finish ninth in the country
- Second team All-American in the 4x100m relay, helping the team finish 11th in the country with a time of 43.99
- Second team All-American in the indoor 4x400m relay, helping the team finish 11th in the country with a time of 3:34.12
- Honorable mention for All-America in the outdoor 200m dash after placing 17th at the NCAA Championships
- Big Ten Champion in the indoor 4x400m relay after helping the team break the all-time Big Ten record, crossing the finish line in 3:32.07
- Big Ten Champion in the 4x100m relay, helping the team run a time of 43.91
- Helped women's 4x400m relay team finish third at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships with a time of 3:32.05
- Finished sixth in the Big Ten in the 60m dash
- Finished fourth in the 100m dash at the Big Ten Championships
- Finished fourth in the outdoor 200m dash at the Big Ten Championships
- Helped women's 4x200m relay team win the Drake Relays
- Member of the 4x400m relay team that won the Texas Relays
- Member of the 4x100m and 4x200m relay teams that both finished third at the Texas Relays
- Broke the school record in the 200m dash with a time of 23.16 seconds in the prelims at the Big Ten Championships. That time also qualified her for the Olympics in the event
- Ran a windy 22.75 in the 200m dash at the NCAA East Prelims to qualify for the NCAA Championships
- Ran the third-fastest 100m dash in school history with a time of 11.43 at Big Tens
- Member of the 4x100m relay team that broke the school record with a time of 43.66 at the Texas Relays
- Ran the fourth-fastest 60m dash in school history with a time of 7.42 seconds at the Big Ten Championships
- Won 14 events during the 2016-17 season
2015 (FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE): Earned two First Team All-America honors at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships ... ran the second leg of the fourth-place 4x400m relay team at the NCAA Championships ... ran the second leg of the sixth-place 4x100m relay team at the NCAA Championships ... First Team All-Big Ten after running the second leg of the Big Ten champion 4x100m relay team ... championship was the first by a Boilermaker 4x100m team in program history ... finished eighth in the 100m dash at the Big Ten Championships with a time of 11.98 seconds ... finished third in the 200m dash at the Big Ten Indoor Championships ... finished sixth in the 60m dash at Big Tens ... broke the school record in the indoor 200m (23.68 seconds), outdoor 200m (23.33 seconds), outdoor 4x400m relay (3:31.70) and outdoor 4x100m relay (43.97 seconds) ... has the third fastest 100m dash time (11.63 seconds), fourth fastest 60m dash (7.42 seconds) and second fastest indoor 4x400m relay (3:37.25) ... member of four different 4x100m relay teams which make up the four fastest times in program history ... made the 200m dash final at Big Ten Outdoor Championships, but did not run the final ... time qualified for NCAA East Prelims in the 200m, but did not compete ... won 10 combined races during the indoor and outdoor seasons.
2014 (FRESHMAN): Competed in two indoor and eleven outdoor meets, including the Big Ten Outdoor Championships; placed second in the 200m at the Purdue/IU Duals; finished 13th at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships in the 200m with a time of 24.73; took fourth at the Dave Rankin Invite in the 100m with a time of 12.08; PR in the 200m is 24.48.
High School: Specializes in 100m and 200m dashes; three-time participant in the CARIFTA Championships; three time 4x100m champion; World Youth Participant and Junior Pan-Am 4x100m champion sophomore year; has personal record of 11.48 seconds in the 100m dash and 23.43 seconds in the 200m dash; joined Bahamian national and Purdue teammate Devynn Charlton to complete a 1-2 Bahamian sweep in 100m dash at 2013 CARIFTA Championships.
Personal: Carmiesha Arecta Anna Cox was born in Nassau, Bahamas, to parents Dwight and Carmen Cox on May 16, 1995; has three brothers, Tehran, Dwight and Dalano, and one sister, Teneel; enjoys listening to music, spending time with friends and family and shopping; is majoring in Business Management; chose Purdue because of its great academics and coaching.