The Boilermakers had a strong opening day to the outdoor season
Charlton is Purdue's first indoor B1G Track Athlete of the Year
Saturday's action will stream on WatchESPN from 2-4 p.m. ET
The Boilermakers wrapped up the home slate Saturday at Lambert Fieldhouse
Saturday is one of four tune-ups left before the Big Ten Championships
- Competed in eight indoor and five outdoor meets
- Had a season-best discus mark of 50.63m (166-1) at the Shamrock Invite
- Had a weight throw best of 18.25m (59-10.50) at the Meyo Invite
- Finished runner-up in the weight throw at the Gene Edmonds Invite and Alex Wilson Invite
- Had a season-best hammer throw mark of 50.32m (165-1) at the Shamrock Invite
- Set a personal record in weight throw at a mark of 18.55m (60-10.5) at the Big Ten Indoor Track and Field Championships.
- Placed second at the Rankin/Poehlein Invitational in discus with a mark of 50.56m (165-10).
- Finished third at the 2015 Indiana v Purdue Duals in weight throw with a mark of 18.43m (60-5.75)
- Competed in seven indoor events and one outdoor event.
2014 (FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE): Honorable Mention All-America honors; finished 21st in the country in discus with a mark of 53.95m (177-00.00) at the NCAA Championships; broke Purdue discus school record at the Dave Rankin Invite with a mark of 59.35m (194-09.00); set another PR record in hammer throw with a mark of 51.18m (167-11.00) at the USC Trojan Invitational; recorded a PR in 35-pound weight throw marking 17.95m (58-10.75) at the Purdue & Indiana Dual; competed in Big Ten Outdoor Championships and finished sixth with a mark of 54.75m (179-07.00); placed first at the Border Battle in discus with a throw of 55.25m (181-03.00); finished seventh at the Dave Rankin Invite in hammer throw, marking 48.23m (158-03.00); at the Anteater Four-Way Meet, finished fifth in hammer throw with a mark of 50.22m (164-09.00).
2013 (FRESHMAN): As a freshman, finished second at the Shamrock Invitational in the discus with a mark of 51.09m (167-07); also finished 16th at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships with a mark of 50.61m (166-00); finished second at the Dave Rankin Invite with a mark of 49.86m (163-07).
High School: Four-time letterwinner in basketball; four-time letterwinner in track and field; four-time letterwinner in football; four-year state qualifier in the discus including a second place finish as a Junior; Senior year received third place at the New Balance Nationals; competed for the PORTA Bluejays.
Personal: Caleb Matthew Fricke was born on Dec. 2, 1993, in Springfield, Illinois; is the son of Mark and LeAnne Fricke; has two brothers, Aaron and Adam, who play football at McKendree and Illinois University; Caleb enjoys Xbox; majoring in management.