The Boilermakers begin the meet Thursday at the University of Kentucky
The Big Ten champion women have 20 entries at NCAA Prelims
75 Boilermakers earn undergraduate degree
The Boilermakers are set up for an exciting finish at the Big Ten Championships
The Boilermakers won five events over two days
- Competed in eight indoor and five outdoor meets
- Had a season-best discus mark of 50.63m (166-1) at the Shamrock Invite
- Had a weight throw best of 18.25m (59-10.50) at the Meyo Invite
- Finished runner-up in the weight throw at the Gene Edmonds Invite and Alex Wilson Invite
- Had a season-best hammer throw mark of 50.32m (165-1) at the Shamrock Invite
- Set a personal record in weight throw at a mark of 18.55m (60-10.5) at the Big Ten Indoor Track and Field Championships.
- Placed second at the Rankin/Poehlein Invitational in discus with a mark of 50.56m (165-10).
- Finished third at the 2015 Indiana v Purdue Duals in weight throw with a mark of 18.43m (60-5.75)
- Competed in seven indoor events and one outdoor event.
2014 (FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE): Honorable Mention All-America honors; finished 21st in the country in discus with a mark of 53.95m (177-00.00) at the NCAA Championships; broke Purdue discus school record at the Dave Rankin Invite with a mark of 59.35m (194-09.00); set another PR record in hammer throw with a mark of 51.18m (167-11.00) at the USC Trojan Invitational; recorded a PR in 35-pound weight throw marking 17.95m (58-10.75) at the Purdue & Indiana Dual; competed in Big Ten Outdoor Championships and finished sixth with a mark of 54.75m (179-07.00); placed first at the Border Battle in discus with a throw of 55.25m (181-03.00); finished seventh at the Dave Rankin Invite in hammer throw, marking 48.23m (158-03.00); at the Anteater Four-Way Meet, finished fifth in hammer throw with a mark of 50.22m (164-09.00).
2013 (FRESHMAN): As a freshman, finished second at the Shamrock Invitational in the discus with a mark of 51.09m (167-07); also finished 16th at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships with a mark of 50.61m (166-00); finished second at the Dave Rankin Invite with a mark of 49.86m (163-07).
High School: Four-time letterwinner in basketball; four-time letterwinner in track and field; four-time letterwinner in football; four-year state qualifier in the discus including a second place finish as a Junior; Senior year received third place at the New Balance Nationals; competed for the PORTA Bluejays.
Personal: Caleb Matthew Fricke was born on Dec. 2, 1993, in Springfield, Illinois; is the son of Mark and LeAnne Fricke; has two brothers, Aaron and Adam, who play football at McKendree and Illinois University; Caleb enjoys Xbox; majoring in management.