Enekwechi wins his third straight B1G hammer throw title
The Boilermakers had their final meet before Big Tens
The senior competed in his final home event Friday
The women won the dual Saturday and Purdue won 23 of 34 entered events
The Boilermakers had success at three different meets Friday
- Competed in eight indoor and nine outdoor meets, including both Big Ten Championships.
- Finished 11th at Big Tens in the hammer throw and 14th in the outdoor shot put.
- Took 13 in the weight throw at the conference meet and 18th in the indoor shot put.
- PRed in all four of her events - the indoor and outdoor shot put, hammer and weight throw.
- Won the shot put at the Purdue vs. Indiana Dual during the outdoor season.
- Runner-up in the hammer throw at the Texas State Bobcat Invite.
- Outdoor shot put PR of 14.82m/48-7.50 ranks seventh in program history.
- Indoor shot put PR of 14.76m/48-5.25 ranks ninth in program history.
- Weight throw PR of 18.71m/61-4.50 ranks ninth in program history.
2015 (Sophomore): Finished 13th at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships with a PR and 14th at the Big Ten Indoor Championships in the shot put with marks of 14.54m (47-8.50) and 13.85m (45-5.25), respectively ... PRed by more than 40 feet in the hammer throw with a mark of 55.84m (183-02) at the Bobcat Invitational where she finished sixth ... finished runner-up at the Rankin/Poehlein Invitation in the hammer throw with a mark of 55.83m (183-02) ... indoors, finished third in the shot put and fourth in the weight throw at the Indiana/Purdue Dual ... also competed in the discus outdoors.
2014 (Freshman): Competed in six indoor and seven outdoor meets, including both Big Ten Championships; threw 13.27m (43-06.50) in her first meet in the shot put to take fourth at the Purdue/Indiana Dual; the mark was her indoor PR; threw 14.51m (47-07.25) at the same meet in the weight throw to take fourth, also a PR; finished 22nd in the Big Ten in the shot put for indoor season; threw an all-time shot put PR at the outdoor Big Ten Championships with a mark of 13.59m (44-07.00) to finish 18th; also competed in the hammer throw and had a season-best of 42.56m (139-07) at the Dave Rankin Invite.
High School: Four-year letterwinner in track, three in cross country and one in basketball; in track, won most points award freshman, sophomore, junior and senior years; in basketball, won "Rookie of the Year" during her junior season; in cross country, won "Most Spirit" senior year.
Personal: Alisha Christine Bahler was born in Lafayette, Indiana, to parents Chris and Teresa Bahler on Aug. 7, 1994; has two older brothers, Shane and Eric, and an older sister, Renae; enjoys running, drawing and hanging out; is majoring in Movement and Sports Science; chose Purdue for its family tradition and because it's close to home.CAREER BESTS
|Shot Put||Hammer||Discus||Weight Throw|
|Lifetime||14.82m/48-07.50 (5/7/16)||56.50m/185-04 (4/1/16)||38.22m/125-05 (5/2/15)||18.71m/61-04.75 (2/27/16)|
|Indoor||14.76m/48-05.25 (2/6/16)||--||--||18.71m/61-04.75 (2/27/16)|
|Outdoor||14.82m/48-07.50 (5/7/16)||56.50m/185-04 (4/1/16)||38.22m/125-05 (5/2/15)||--|