Dec. 3, 2012
Purdue spirit squad coordinator and head cheer coach Steve Solberg is excited to announce the Purdue cheerleading squad's two winter activities for cheerleaders to attend here at Purdue!
The second annual Boilermaker Bash! cheerleading competition has been set and we are very excited to provide a great cheerleading competition atmosphere at one of the most legendary basketball arenas in the country ... Mackey Arena! We hope your team will join us for all the fun and excitement on Sunday, February 3, 2013. Mackey Arena has just completed its $100 million renovation and I know you all will be impressed with our "new" arena!
The Boilermaker Bash! will provide all participants with a great competition atmosphere, using some of the best facilities Purdue athletics has to offer:
- Three facilities
- Lambert Field House for check-in and open warm-ups
- Cardinal Court for official team warm-ups
- Mackey Arena for the competition
- A 54 x 42 competition floor will be provided in the warm-up and for the competition.
- Spring floor for competition will be provided as long as enough level 3-5 teams are registered!
- Purdue cheer t-shirt will be given to EVERY competitor as a part of their registration!
- Mackey Arena holds over 14,000 spectators, so all of your family and friends can watch you perform.
- Highly trained and experienced judges to give you the best feedback to prepare you for nationals or next season.
- Trophies for EVERY team!
- Grand champions (highest overall score) will be crowned for school/rec and all-stars!
Because we want to benefit teams that will compete at nationals, the Boilermaker Bash! division breakdowns will apply with all Varsity rules and regulations. A copy of the Varsity rules can be found at www.varisty.com under the "Competition" heading, and the division breakdown is attached to this packet. (Please note: in the spirit of competition, divisions may be altered or added so that each team has competition.)
Additional information on parking, accommodations, awards, etc. can be found here.
Also, we will be hosting our winter college prep clinic on Saturday, February 23, 2013. Come work with the Purdue coaches and cheerleaders, as they will show you what a college tryout is like! Also, if you are a senior in high school and you want to tryout to be a Purdue Cheerleader, you must attend this clinic to receive your tryout bid!
All participants will learn:
- A band cadence
- Motions to "Hail Purdue"
- Standing and series tumbling evaluation and technique
- Stunting evaluation and technique
The co-ed clinic will run from 9:00-12:00 (100 person maximum occupancy) and the all-girl clinic will run from 2:00-5:00. After the completion of each clinic, coach Solberg will be available for a Q&A session for anybody who has any questions about college cheerleading and Purdue University. This clinic is open to all high school freshmen and older.
To register for either event, please go to www.conf.purdue.edu/cheer. All necessary paperwork can also be found here.
Please feel free to share this information to all of your teams, families, and any other cheerleading contact you may have. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at anytime at (765) 494-0118 or at mailto:email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you on February 3 and/or 23, 2013.
Spirit Squad Coordinator, Head Cheer Coach