We are excited that you are considering joining the great tradition of Boilermaker athletics. To make your journey toward becoming a student-athlete as smooth as possible, we want you to be aware of how the recruitment and admission process works. A great resource for explaining many of the NCAA requirements is the NCAA Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete.

Every college-bound student-athlete must be certified academically and as an amateur by the NCAA Eligibility Center prior to competing in Division I athletics. At the beginning of your sophomore year, you should complete your registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center.

In order to be academically certified, prospects need to have all transcripts and test scores sent to the NCAA Eligibility Center. Transcripts must be sent directly from all of the high schools the prospect has attended. The NCAA Eligibility Center does NOT accept faxed transcripts or test scores. Additionally, all SAT and ACT test scores must be reported to the NCAA Eligibility Center directly from the testing agency. When registering for the SAT or ACT, prospects should input the code 9999 to make sure that the score is reported directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center.

The next step is to apply to Purdue early in your senior year. You may apply online here.

Also during your senior year, you might sign a National Letter of Intent. In addition, you may want to seek financial aid. Use the links to learn more.

Social Media
Follow us on Twitter @BoilerBylaws
Like us on Facebook at Purdue Athletics Compliance

Important Links
NCAA Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete
NCAA Eligibility Center
National Letter of Intent
SAT Website
ACT Website
TOEFL Website
Purdue Admissions
Purdue's Division of Financial Aid

Financial Aid

How do I get help with college expenses?
Check with Purdue's Division of Financial Aid with your questions about paying for your college education and for information about federal and state monies available to college students.

How much financial aid can I expect to receive?
Purdue offers the Preliminary Financial Aid Estimate (PFAE) as an optional part of the admission process. The PFAE gives students and parents a general understanding of the financial aid they might receive.

If you want the service, submit the Questionnaire for a Preliminary Financial Aid Estimate when you apply for admission.


  • The information collected on the PFAE Questionnaire has no bearing on the admission decision.
  • This service is not a substitute for applying for financial aid.
  • This service is available only to domestic applicants (U.S. citizens and resident aliens).


  • Loading Tweets...
    1 second ago